Synonym: acknowledge, confess, consent, induct, receive. Antonym: exclude, forbid, prohibit. Similar words: admit to, admin, admire, admission, administer, administrator, administration, administrative. Meaning: [əd'mɪt] v. 1. declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of 2. allow to enter; grant entry to 3. allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of 4. admit into a group or community 5. afford possibility 6. give access or entrance to 7. have room for; hold without crowding 8. serve as a means of entrance.
Random good picture Not show
1. Don't be afraid to admit to your mistakes.
2. The butler would not admit him into the house.
3. Strong woman is will cry,but never admit defeat.
4. It was a stupid thing to do, I admit.
5. I was negligent, I admit it.
6. I have to blush to admit that thing.
7. I admit I was foxed for some time.
8. Admit it! You were terrified!
9. She was reluctant to admit she was wrong.
10. She was very reluctant to admit the truth.
11. She stubbornly refuses to admit the truth.
12. The evidence can not admit of doubt.
13. Don't admit liability for the accident.
14. You must admit that it all sounds very strange.
15. He persisted in his refusal to admit responsibility.
16. Mary wouldn't admit how much the children wearied her.
17. I must admit that my knowledge of science is patchy.
18. They freely admit they still have a lot to learn.
19. I had to admit it sounded like an implausible excuse.
20. Why don't you just admit defeat and let someone else try?
21. Admit it,[Sentencedict.com ] we all love listening to the LIES when we already knew the TRUTH.
22. The club has / have voted to admit 50 new members.
23. I must admit I was surprised it cost so little.
24. She was a woman who hated to admit defeat .
25. He's too macho to admit he was hurt when his girlfriend left him.
26. She didn't have the courage to admit to her deception.
27. He doesn't have the humility to admit when he's wrong.
28. He conducted the meeting in his usual combative style,(sentencedict.com) refusing to admit any mistakes.
29. Listening to my heart beating. Seeing how much I love you ,I dare to admit how much I love you .When thinking of you, I hope you can receive the passionat words I left for you!
30. The school governors have absolute discretion over which pupils they admit.
More similar words: admit to, admin, admire, admission, administer, administrator, administration, administrative, permit, limit, submit, smite, summit, transmit, committee, to the limit, limitation, intermittent.