Synonym: consume, deplete, eat, eat up, exhaust, occupy, run through, take, wipe out. Similar words: close up, museum, tie up, come up, wake up, take up, size up, save up. Meaning: v. 1. use up (resources or materials) 2. require (time or space).
Random good picture Not show
(1) Don't let yesterday use up too much of today. Will Rogers
(2) Don't use up all the milk, we need some for breakfast.
(3) It isn't them who use up the world's resources.
(4) I've still got some leave to use up.
(5) At this hospital we use up bandages, disposable gloves and other consumables at an alarming rate.
(6) Women generally use up about 2000 calories a day .
(7) The airfare alone would use up all my money, never mind the hotel bills.
(8) You may use up to 48 alphanumeric characters.
(9) The trapped forces use up their supplies, and the attacker can strike from all directions.
(10) Pinay Cuevas was not satisfied to use up the indemnity money to meet the needs of the moment.
(11) A brisk walk will help use up the adrenaline which creates the physical manifestations of nervousness.
(12) Plantations of exotic non-native trees use up large quantities of water[http://sentencedict.com], which can have adverse affects on natural habitats.
(13) The activated lymphocytes are able to use up glucose extremely quickly.
(14) When they eventually start decaying, they use up oxygen dissolved in the water.
(15) The concept of boredom entails an inability to use up present moments in a personally fulfilling way. Wayne Dyer
(16) Low yield goes out, tall use up, low benefit.
(17) Most plants use up nitrogen.
(18) We will exhaust use up our gas tomorrow.
(19) Use up to seven effects simultaneously.
(20) That will use up a lot of time.
(21) This calendar was in use up to 1582.
(22) Overload some system service or use up resource.
(23) Try not to use up all the flour.
(24) There is no simple answer in an uncertain world where monitoring and enforcement also use up society's scarce resources.
(25) They have too much energy for their own good and the best of them use up most of their energy controlling themselves.
(26) Fish cakes of all kinds are a terrific way to use up leftovers or stretch a quantity of protein.
(27) And if they build a golf course, it will use up to a million gallons of water a day.
(28) If the demand for energy outstrips the supply, we use up the fat and become slimmer.
(29) Corporate diversification may often be due to a sense of needing to use up cash surpluses, rather than risk-spreading.
(30) The seeds from the autumn flowers do not usually mature; the plants use up the food supply before the winter period.
More similar words: close up, museum, tie up, come up, wake up, take up, size up, save up, pile up, make up, line up, makeup, give up, flare up, fire up, come up to, write up, drive up, shake up, face up to, made up of, make up for, live up to, double up, come up with, euphemism, measure up, measure up to, once upon a time, queue up.