Synonym: Prunella modularis, dunnock, hedge sparrow, true sparrow. Similar words: arrow, harrow, narrow, borrow, burrow, furrow, carrot, borrowed. Meaning: ['spærəʊ] n. 1. any of several small dull-colored singing birds feeding on seeds or insects 2. small brownish European songbird.
Random good picture Not show
1. A sparrow alighted on the branch.
2. The bird is a sparrow.
3. The sparrow perked up its tail.
3. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
4. The sparrow has a worm in its beak.
5. A sparrow is very alert in its movements.
6. Mr Sparrow has acted with commendable speed.
7. The boy has got a hen sparrow.
8. The sparrow alighted on a nearby branch.
9. A sparrow may be small but it has all the vital organs.
10. A sparrow became / got entangled in the net / wire.
11. The sparrow crossed the lawn in a series of hops.
12. Doctor Sparrow is clearly a sensible man.
13. After the main Sparrow Force surrendered, the role of the Company was truly independent.
14. I can tell the difference between a sparrow and a swan and that's about it.
15. A sparrow hawk appeared - and all hell broke loose!
16. A curious sparrow follows them, mixing its ries with theirs.
17. It is worth remembering that a sparrow has more vertebrae in its neck than a giraffe.
18. Other small birds like the house sparrow can follow a similar format but have squarer crowns to the head.
19. Sparrow added his own comments and scraps of paper to theirs.
20. It isn't a rare bird, just a common or garden sparrow.
21. Better work as hard as an ant than lead a parasitic life as a sparrow.
22. He seemed more alert than a cat after a sparrow.
23. Her elbows had been lashed together and she hung from the ceiling like a snared sparrow.
24. Last of all came Fiver, dejected and reluctant as a sparrow in the frost.
25. The myrtle was her tree; the dove her bird-sometimes, too, the sparrow and the swan.
26. Lady Maude, small and pert, was cheerful as a little sparrow, welcoming Benedicta like a long lost sister.
27. Jean-Luc Roussel himself had come to the hospital and fretted and fluttered about like a true Cockney sparrow.
28. For, to the romantic, the bird of paradise is much more exciting than the humble house sparrow.
29. A yellow warbler will do just as well as a vireo, a spotted thrush as well as a song sparrow.
30. Sable Island seems doomed to wash away, and this pale, pretty dune sparrow will go with it.