Synonym: brawl, column, dispute, file, fracas, line, noise, paddle, quarrel, rumpus, sequence, series, squabble, string, succession, train. Similar words: grow, drown, frown, brown, harrow, grow on, narrow, grow up. Meaning: [rəʊ] n. 1. an arrangement of objects or people side by side in a line 2. an angry dispute 3. a long continuous strip (usually running horizontally) 4. (construction) a layer of masonry 5. a linear array of numbers side by side 6. a continuous chronological succession without an interruption 7. the act of rowing as a sport. v. propel with oars.
Random good picture Not show
1. Her smile revealed a row of white, even teeth.
2. A row of reinforced concrete pillars supports the bridge.
3. The children were asked to stand in a row.
4. The students stood in a row.
5. The row had left him physically exhausted.
6. You row and I'll steer.
7. He became a skid row type of drunkard.
8. to look one way and row another.
9. A long row is very tiring.
10. We had a humongous row just because she left.
10. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
11. The usher seated them in the front row.
12. An unholy row broke out between two of the men drinking in the bar.
13. They seem to have a flaming row at least once a week.
14. We took turns to row the boat up the river.
15. There is a row of spikes on top of the prison wall to prevent the prisoners escaping.
16. And still the row rumbles on over who is to blame for the steadily surging crime statistics.
17. She drew a row of trees receding into the distance to demonstrate the laws of perspective.
18. My dad's in the front row, on the extreme left of the picture.
19. "She's probably had a row with her boyfriend," Charles opined.
20. We sat in a row at the back of the room.
21. They had had a row, and she had locked him out of the apartment.
22. If we had a boat, we could row across to the island.
23. This is the third Sunday in a row that it's rained.
24. Can-ada's prime minister will be hoping to play honest broker in the row between the United States and Japan.
25. The roof of the temple was held up by a row of thick stone columns.
26. In many churches the side aisles are separated from the central aisle by a row of arches.
27. She protested that it wasn't traditional jazz at all, but an unholy row.
28. The teacher told the children to stand in a row.
29. The team has chalked up its fifth win in a row.
30. The Chinese Dragon Boat Festival is a significant holiday celebrated in China, and the one with the longest history. The Dragon Boat Festival is celebrated by boat races in the shape of dragons. Competing teams row their boats forward to a drumbeat racing to reach the finish end first.