Synonym: border, edge, fringe, margin. Similar words: trim, prime, shrimp, primary, experiment, primarily, experimental, discrimination. Meaning: [rɪm] n. 1. the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object 2. (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended 3. the outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached 4. a projection used for strength or for attaching to another object 5. the top edge of a vessel or other container. v. 1. run around the rim of 2. furnish with a rim 3. roll around the rim of.
Random good picture Not show
1) Coffee slopped over the rim of her cup.
2) The rim of the cup was chipped and broken.
3) The valley ended in a perpendicular rim of granite.
4) He looked at them over the rim of his glass.
5) The water was even with the rim of the basin.
6) He ran his finger around the rim of the mug.
7) I prised off the metal rim surrounding one of the dials.
8) Far up the west rim of the canyon,(http://sentencedict.com/rim.html) a coyote yipped twice.
9) She looked at him over the rim of her glass.
10) The heavy feel is produced by the thickened rim.
11) Lights around the saucer's rim winked cheerfully.
12) The china set was blue with a gold rim.
13) Rim a person with rheumatoid arthritis?
14) The ball rattles around the rim and pops out.
15) Whiskey lapped gently against the rim.
16) The ball clanked off the rim and toward the left corner.
17) The ball clanks off the rim like a cinder block; an ugly afterthought of a shot attempt.
18) I watched over the rim of my mug as David Hall entered the canteen and came to our table.
19) The President will meet other Pacific Rim leaders at next week's economic summit.
20) There was a crusty ring around the rim of the ketchup bottle.
21) A soup bowl with a flared rim can help prevent spillages.
22) There is also a new steering wheel with an energy absorbing rim to cushion the driver's head in the worst impacts.
23) Jim kindled the Easter fire, a blue flame at first barely visible above the silver rim of a white bowl.
24) I was twenty-nine years old when I first looked over the rim of the Grand Canyon.
25) He pulled up for the jumper and it rolled nicely in the rim.
26) He crumpled up the burrito wrapper and bounced it off the rim of the trash can.
27) The other picked up his drink and took a long swallow, watching her over the rim of the tankard.
28) Bring the water to about one inch below the rim of the tank.
29) A mule will carry you in an easy day's ride from the rim to the very bottom of the Canyon.
30) It was poised there, a rosy ball, and then it began to dip below the rim of the land.
More similar words: trim, prime, shrimp, primary, experiment, primarily, experimental, discrimination.