Synonym: animated, devilish, frisky, frolicsome, gay, impish, lively, mischievous, spirited, sportive, vivacious. Similar words: joyful, joyfully, play, replay, playoff, player, play off, playing. Meaning: ['pleɪfʊl] adj. full of fun and high spirits.
Random good picture Not show
1. She took a playful swipe at her brother.
2. He gave her a playful punch on the arm.
3. He was in a playful mood.
4. She gave him a playful pinch.
5. The dog gave me a playful bite.
6. Vanessa gave me a playful poke in the ribs.
7. She gave him a playful cuff on the shoulder.
8. Babies are playful and alert when they first wake up.
9. Marilyn was a complete child, playful and skittish one moment, sulky and withdrawn the next.
10. They make a playful thing of me, use me for their amusement.
11. John smiled at them and gave Richard a playful poke.
12. Rich syncopated sound, cool, playful.
13. The dog gave me a playful nip.
14. He gave me a playful slap on the shoulder.
15. Ali censures the heretic with a playful stare.
16. Its tone is playful and frivolous but it makes some valid criticisms.
17. Nor did she understand this new playful mood of fitzAlan's.
18. Grandmothers approached us, playful girls and young women with infants slung in cloths across their backs.
19. He is playful, too, managing the difficult manoeuvre of translating wit into sound without resorting to slapstick.
20. Her voice rang, playful yet deeper than he would have expected.
21. Joe grinned, cracked a playful whip and lightly tweaked the reins.
22. She tried to sound playful but somehow the words came out the wrong way.
23. Higher animals also engage in playful combat and other forms of competitive behaviour.
24. And yet this gangsta poise coexists with a weirdly playful quality.
25. The three of us worked together excellently, elated and playful.
26. Oldenberg's Lipstick is therefore transgressive precisely because it blends serious intent and playful imagery.
27. If it is lucky, it will have owners who are of an equally playful frame of mind.
28. There are small patches with the emblems of sports cars sewn at odd, playful angles on the front.
28. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
29. Since most babies wake at dawn, parents will find it is a time when babies are most playful and alert.
30. Under the influence of the drugs we exchanged a few playful cuddles and kisses, just for a lark.
More similar words: joyful, joyfully, play, replay, playoff, player, play off, playing, display, downplay, play down, play with, fair play, on display, horseplay, interplay, play a part, plaything, playwright, screenplay, playground, soccer player, bring into play, play havoc with, pay for, away from, lay, clay, allay, lay out.