1. Many receive advice only
the wise profit by it.
2. Failure is the only
high-road to success.
3. The first step is the only
4. Love, and love only
, is the loan for love.
that which is honestly got is gain.
6. It's a poor mouse that has only
7. Wisdom is only
found in truth.
8. No possession, but use, is the only
9. Trouble is only
opportunity in work clothes.
10. Perseverance is the only
road to success.
11. The only
good Indian is a dead Indian.
12. The only
cure for grief is action.
a nation of educated people could remain free.
14. Virtue is the only
15. A man can only
16. Genius only
means hard-working all one's life .
17. Man can only
be free through mastery of himself.
18. Activity is the only
road to knowledge.
19. Achievement provides the only
real pleasure in life.
20. Trust thyself only
, and another shall not betray thee.
21. I am not only
witty in myself, but the cause that wit is in other men.
they who fulfill their duty in everday matters will fulfill them on great occasions.
23. Practical wisdom is only
to be learned in the school of experience.
24. Life can only
be understood backwards(sentencedict.com), but it must be lived forwards.
25. It is not only
the feather that makes the bird.
26. In life's earnest battle they only
prevail, who daily march onward and never say fail.
27. Liberty and civilization are only
fragments of rights wrung from the strong hands of wealth and book learning.
28. It is the nature of every man to err, but only
the fool perseveres in the error.
29. As a modern parent, I know that it's not how much you give children those counts, it's the love and attention you shower on them.A caring attitude can not only
save you a small fortune, but also even make you feel good about being tight-fisted and offering more care than presents.
30. Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust and only
secondly on institutions such as courts of justice and police.
1. They've only sold thirteen tickets so far.
2. 'Where is he now?' 'I only wish I knew!'
3. He went bankrupt after only a year in business.
4. Our skin cream contains only natural ingredients.
5. The cost given is only approximate.
6. She is accountable only to the managing director.
7. He's only 24 years old and a drug addict.
8. Oh, lighten up! I was only joking!
9. Voters are given only part of the story .
10. They are only human and all too fallible.
11. The tiny window was the only source of light.
12. Only 40% of eligible voters cast their ballots.
13. There are only a limited number of tickets available.
14. I'm afraid this is the only suitcase I possess.
15. I can only carry two at a time.
16. His only answer was a grunt.
17. There's only room for one person.
18. This was the only room available.
19. He had spoken to Emma only briefly .
20. She only sleeps for four hours a night.
21. Only one witness could make a positive identification.
22. This path is only for pedestrians.
23. I only went along for a lark.
24. She only sees her parents once every six months.
25. The problem only exists in your head, Jane.
26. I'm afraid safe driving isn't Jaqui's only hobbyhorse.
27. The only active ingredient in this medicine is aspirin.
28. King's was the only other score in double figures.
29. We can only prosecute if there is sufficient evidence.
30. He is not a friend of mine, only an acquaintance.