Synonym: choleric, hot-tempered, hotheaded, quick-tempered, short-tempered. Similar words: irascibility, fascism, fascinate, lascivious, fascinating, desirable, undesirable, Bible. Meaning: [ɪ'ræsəbl] adj. 1. quickly aroused to anger 2. characterized by anger.
Random good picture Not show
1. She's becoming more and more irascible as she grows older.
2. He was recognised to be highly jealous and irascible.
3. He was an irascible man.
4. This irascible trait naturally served to increase his enemies.
5. He was an ebullient, sometimes irascible, charming man.
6. He was irascible, hard-cussing, for ever landing in trouble.
7. He dashed about her, solicitous but irascible.
8. He had an irascible temper.
9. The selection of Richard Holbrooke, the irascible, limelight-seeking former Bosnia peace negotiator, would have invited a battle over U.
10. Alicia Silverstone plays an irascible rich girl who stages her own kidnapping to get attention from daddy.
11. Laziness makes people irascible, and Xiangzi now grew pugnacious.
12. You are still so irascible.
13. That hiss, faint as it was,[sentencedict.com/irascible.html] irritated the irascible David.
14. Mr Prescott's punch reminded voters that he was irascible and unreconstructed.
15. His backers point the finger at the irascible Mr Thaksin, who denies disloyalty to the throne while cocking a snook at "aristocratic" Thai government.
16. She pieces of typical teenagers, lovely, irascible and lacking sense of safety.
17. Van Gogh is irascible , engaging, intelligent, touchy, high - minded , well read, rebellious and pigheaded.
18. Some of the passions belong to irascible , some to the concupiscible part of the soul.
19. Donald Duck - the irascible but unflappablewaterfowl feed in grand fashion , as he turned 75 years old Tuesday.
20. To the irascible part give spiritual love, which is opposed to hate.
21. To his left he caught a quick glimpse of Mrs Melver, their irascible neighbour, peering at him over the fence.
22. The only bright spot was when Diana decided to give one of her presents away to a rather irascible nightwatchman.
23. His superior was Brigadier General Ennis Whitehead, deputy commander of the Fifth Air Force and just as irascible as Pappy.
24. His father paused and looked back - the harsh level stare beneath the shaggy, graying , irascible brows.
25. He had to deal with holly bushes, nettles, hawthorns, eglantines , thistles , and very irascible brambles.
More similar words: irascibility, fascism, fascinate, lascivious, fascinating, desirable, undesirable, Bible, foible, edible, mandible, visible, legible, audible, horrible, inedible, feasible, fungible, possible, flexible, eligible, credible, tangible, sensible, terrible, inaudible, incredible, indelible, compatible, illegible.