Synonym: attain, chance on, chance upon, come over, come upon, discover, encounter, fall upon, happen upon, light upon, meet, resonate, run across, run into, see, strike. Similar words: across, get across, put across, cut across, cross out, gross, come at, come about. Meaning: v. 1. find unexpectedly 2. be perceived in a certain way; make a certain impression 3. come together 4. communicate the intended meaning or impression 5. be received or understood.
Random good picture Not show
1. Perhaps I shall come across him in France.
2. Why don't you come across to our house this evening?
3. You must have come across some real characters, working in the circus.
4. I've never come across anyone quite like her before.
5. This is the worst place I've come across.
6. These themes come across very strongly in the novel.
7. Your speech didn't come across; nobody understood your opinion.
8. I perhaps come across him tomorrow.
9. He's the most unpleasant man I've ever come across.
10. We must hang in whenever we come across difficulties.
11. Come across to my office this afternoon.
12. Be careful when you come across the street.
13. I hoped she'd come across with some more information.
14. The robber told the woman to come across with her purse.
15. Let us know if you come across anywhere that has something special to offer.
16. I never remember having come across a man like that.
17. Anna approached several builders and was fortunate to come across Eddie.
18. We've just come across an old friend we haven't seen for ages.
19. By pure accident he had come across the very man who could solve the mystery.
20. The refugees come across the border in vast numbers .
21. We still hope the company will come across for us.
22. Turn up your dictionary when you come across difficult words.
23. You should come across the river with us. Then you will really see what's what.
24. They worked him over because he hadn't come across with the information.
25. I don't think he'll ever come across with all the information.
26. He spoke for a long time but his meaning did not come across.
27. The papers were stored away in a secret place[sentencedict.com](sentencedict.com), and there they will probably remain until they are come across by someone who realized their importance.
28. He spoke for a long time but his meaning did not really come across.
29. He owes me five pounds but I doubt if he'll ever come across .
30. He spoke for a long time but his meaning didn't really come across.
More similar words: across, get across, put across, cut across, cross out, gross, come at, come about, by no means, at home and abroad, come home, sacred, crop, toss, crops, crowded, at a loss, mean, possible, morose, each, beach, reach, react, teach, overcrowded, prospect, teacher, preach, the same as.