Synonym: celibacy, sexual abstention, sexual morality, virtue. Similar words: chastise, chastisement, price elasticity, A stitch in time saves nine, stitch, chaste, entity, chasten. Meaning: ['tʃæstətɪ] n. 1. abstaining from sexual relations (as because of religious vows) 2. morality with respect to sexual relations.
Random good picture Not show
1. Nuns are under vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.
2. Nuns take a vow of chastity.
3. He took a vow of chastity and celibacy.
4. Chastity before marriage is still demanded in some societies.
5. As a monk, he took vows of chastity, poverty and obedience.
6. Dostoevsky was writing about purity, not chastity or virginity.
7. Being what they are they have not chastity.
8. Also patron of academics, chastity, pencil makers and schools.
9. Poverty, chastity and obedience were the rules of his order which he founded with eleven like-minded companions when he was twenty-nine.
10. He is freed by Britomart, his betrothed, whose chastity gives her great military powers.
11. But as Lucy Re-Bartlett asserted, chastity was part of women's revolt against false social conditions.
12. A woman's chastity is considered as her highest virtue and all Hindu traditional literature extols the greatness of a chaste woman.
13. Men must have their chastity and virginity even if it is make belief and at the cost of women's health.
14. It'seems the vows of chastity belonging to a nun.
15. Lying is wrong even to save chastity.
16. Chastity is a wealth that comes from abundance love.
17. An imputation against a woman's chastity is defamatory.
18. Chastity. Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dulness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
19. A growth of male chastity would ruin the oldest profession in the world.
20. It is generally accepted among the elderly people the chastity before marriage is still demanded.
20. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
21. Then, Isabel live chaste, and brother, die: More than our brother is our chastity.
22. Just reflect for a moment on the purpose of the human chastity belt.
23. Christians believe not only in celibacy outside marriage, but chastity, or faithfulness, within it.
24. On entering the asylum involuntarily, he voluntarily made vows of poverty, Chastity and Obedience.
25. Comus is a masque in which a young lady's chastity is tried and not vanquished.
26. For its part, Pan Am must have viewed the girdle as a kind of modern-day chastity belt.
27. Besides, there is nothing inconsistent with free will or even chastity in this view of life.
28. Mother Teresa wore the same outfit every day: a white sari with three blue stripes, reflecting her vows of poverty, chastity and obedience.
29. One the other hand, they also hope females retain chastity, because of their traditional conception and the thought of androcentrism.
30. Now one of the moments in which this tension between virginity and chastity seems to be most pronounced is in the encounter between Comus and the Lady that we looked at in the last class.
More similar words: chastise, chastisement, price elasticity, A stitch in time saves nine, stitch, chaste, entity, chasten, nonentity, identity, quantity, sanctity, substitute, destitute, institute, restitute, constitute, prostitute, superstition, astir, charity, in quantity, substitution, restitution, superstitious, institution, investiture, constituent, hastily, prostitution.