Similar words: balaclava, enclave, exclave, a close shave, a class, laver, slave, slavery. Meaning: n. Czech dramatist and statesman whose plays opposed totalitarianism and who served as president of Czechoslovakia from 1989 to 1992 and president of the Czech Republic since 1993 (born in 1936).
Random good picture Not show
1) In Czechoslovakia former prisoner of conscience Vaclav Havel became President of his country.
2) Former Czech President Vaclav Havel is listed on the letter to Mr. Medvedev as a supporter of a pardon.
3) VACLAV HAVEL : I believe that the international community has the right to intervene in cases of genocide, and that indifference is not permissible.
4) Vaclav Havel transitioned from a writer of plays to the writer of his country's destiny.
5) Pro-NATO former Czech President Vaclav Havel, who is chairman of the International Council of the George Soros financed Human Rights Watch,(http://sentencedict.com/vaclav havel.html) also joined in nominating Liu for the prize.
6) Former President Bill Clinton and former Czech President Vaclav Havel at the Golden Tiger pub in central Prague.
7) It quoted from a letter written by Vaclav Havel in 1975, when he was still a Czech dissident, to the country's communist president, Gustav Husak: "history again demands to be heard".
8) Mr Adamec had talks with the opposition leader, Mr Vaclav Havel, on the cabinet lineup.
9) This was signed by 160 writers, including the Czechoslovak President, Vaclav Havel.
10) From a Korean dissident to a nuclear scientist, via Vaclav Havel, we look at some of the world's most famous political prisoners.
11) the Communist regime had officially collapsed eight months earlier, when Vaclav Havel, the longtime dissident, was elected president. And now the Rolling Stones had come to Prague.
12) The office of the Dalai Lama said he was visiting Prague without a political agenda at the invitation of long-time friend and former President Vaclav Havel.
13) In the nineties and in the face of strong popular resistance, Czech President Vaclav Havel tore down a ghetto where his people wanted to see the "travelling people" incarcerated.
14) "Only if people around the world know the truth is there some chance for change. Films like this make it happen. " - President Vaclav Havel.
15) At last, CPC was overthrow, socialism system was toppled down, Vaclav Havel was elected new president through parliament.
16) "If you want to see your plays performed the way you wrote them, become president" said Vaclav Havel.
17) It was founded during Czechoslovakia's pre-war first republic by Milos Havel, an uncle of the present Czech president, Vaclav Havel.
18) In those revolts, thinkers or ideologues — from Thomas Paine to Lenin to Mao to Vaclav Havel — helped provide a unifying vision or became symbols of a people's aspirations.
19) As older girls, we were constantly inspired by the amazing people we met, politicians and great philosophers like Vaclav Havel.
20) The only man he fears, envies and despises in equal measure is his great rival Vaclav Havel, the former president.
More similar words: balaclava, enclave, exclave, a close shave, a class, laver, slave, slavery, enslave, palaver, have, shave, haven, have to, have on, behave, have sex, antislavery, have a ball, have it off, misbehave, close shave, navel, have cold feet, well behaved, travel, have to do with, gravely, unravel, bravely.