Synonym: attract, design, drag, equal, haul, interest, lure, magnetize, match, picture, portray, pull, sketch, tie. Similar words: draw up, draw out, draw in, drawer, draw on, drawing, withdraw, draw back. Meaning: [drɔː] n. 1. a gully that is shallower than a ravine 2. an entertainer who attracts large audiences 3. the finish of a contest in which the score is tied and the winner is undecided 4. anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random 5. a playing card or cards dealt or taken from the pack 6. a golf shot that curves to the left for a right-handed golfer 7. (American football) the quarterback moves back as if to pass and then hands the ball to the fullback who is running toward the line of scrimmage 8. poker in which a player can discard cards and receive substitutes from the dealer 9. the act of drawing or hauling something. v. 1. cause to move by pulling 2. get or derive 3. make a mark or lines on a surface 4. make, formulate, or derive in the mind 5. bring, take, or pull out of a container or from under a cover 6. represent by making a drawing of, as with a pencil, chalk, etc. on a surface 7. take liquid out of a container or well 8. give a description of 9. select or take in from a given group or region 10. elicit responses, such as objections, criticism, applause, etc. 11. suck in or take (air) 12. move or go steadily or gradually 13. remove (a commodity) from (a supply source) 14. choose at random 15. earn or achieve a base by being walked by the pitcher 16. bring or lead someone to a certain action or condition 17. cause to flow 18. write a legal document or paper 19. engage in drawing 20. move or pull so as to cover or uncover something 21. allow a draft 22. require a specified depth for floating 23. pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so as to execute him 24. cause to move in a certain direction by exerting a force upon, either physically or in an abstract sense 25. take in, also metaphorically 26. direct toward itself or oneself by means of some psychological power or physical attributes 27. thread on or as if on a string 28. pull back the sling of (a bow) 29. guide or pass over something 30. finish a game with an equal number of points, goals, etc. 31. contract 32. reduce the diameter of (a wire or metal rod) by pulling it through a die 33. steep; pass through a strainer 34. remove the entrails of 35. flatten, stretch, or mold metal or glass, by rolling or by pulling it through a die or by stretching 36. cause to localize at one point.
Random good picture Not show
2. Draw water with a sieve.
4. Do you mind if I draw up the blinds?
5. They seem to draw down ridicule on us.
6. Draw a circle 10cm in diameter.
7. Draw a pair of parallel lines.
8. It's important to draw out a child's potential capacities.
9. The draw for the raffle takes place on Saturday.
10. Draw a line with a ruler.
11. They managed an honourable 22 draw.
12. The debater was quick on the draw.
13. The debater was fast on the draw.
14. The game ended in a draw.
15. Draw a circle six centimetres in diameter.
16. They agreed to draw up a formal agreement.
17. Draw up a chair, and join the conversation.
18. Win a car in our grand prize draw!
19. Draw a line joining all the crosses.
20. His novels draw heavily on his childhood.
21. Can you draw the curtains apart?
22. The game ended in a two-all draw.
23. The two ships draw level.
24. I've been asked to draw up the cleaning rota.
25. The club secretary will now draw the raffle.
26. In the end, a draw was a fair result.
27. I can't draw any conclusions from what she said.
28. Years to draw a circle we call years.
More similar words: draw up, draw out, draw in, drawer, draw on, drawing, withdraw, draw back, withdrawal, raw, crawl, drag, drama, drain, draft, clear away, drag in, drag on, dramatic, after a while, dramatically, carbohydrate.