Synonym: Crane, Grus, Harold Hart Crane, Hart Crane, Stephen Crane, stretch out. Similar words: cranium, extraneous, mediterranean, extemporaneous, nook and cranny, cane, wane, lane. Meaning: [kreɪn] n. 1. United States writer (1871-1900) 2. United States poet (1899-1932) 3. a small constellation in the southern hemisphere near Phoenix 4. lifts and moves heavy objects; lifting tackle is suspended from a pivoted boom that rotates around a vertical axis 5. large long-necked wading bird of marshes and plains in many parts of the world. v. stretch (the neck) so as to see better.
Random good picture Not show
1. The crane lifted the container off the ship.
2. A crane was already unloading crates and pallets.
3. The crane lifted the heavy stone from the ground.
4. Crane is a kind of bird with very long legs and neck.
5. A crane had to be used to haul the car out of the stream.
6. The cargo was hoisted aboard by crane.
7. Then a crane hoisted him on to the platform.
8. The driver slewed the crane round.
9. The log was hauled up by a crane.
10. The driver slewed his crane round.
11. The load was lifted by means of a crane.
12. sluing the boom of a crane.
13. The crane is on hire from a local firm.
14. The crane is securely anchored at two points.
15. The white crane quivered its wings and flied away.
16. The crane lives in marshy habitats.
17. This aspect is discussed further by Crane, whom I mentioned earlier.
18. We used a crane to lift the piano into the theatre.
19. The lumber was lifted by crane and dropped into the truck.
20. They lay where they had fallen from the crane, sticking out of the water.
21. They have taken a major stake in Crane Holdings.
22. Crane admits that he is addicted to gambling.
23. A spokesman for Bigge Crane declined to comment yesterday.
23. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. Sergeant Crane and I would be glad of tea.
25. Crane has been an officer since 1966.
26. Only Jim Crane, ambitious but a little more human than the other hacks, can break Alice's wall of silence.
27. A heron or crane had been made out of solid bronze by an artist commissioned by the cultural society.
28. Catherine Crane had joined the division three months ago, creating a major upheaval.
29. The little prefabricated hut was lifted away by a huge crane.
30. At the time it was held secure by a crane using two chains.
More similar words: cranium, extraneous, mediterranean, extemporaneous, nook and cranny, cane, wane, lane, bane, inane, arcane, panel, anemia, leaned, anemic, planet, humane, insane, profane, mundane, germane, anecdote, Japanese, permanent, hurricane, airplane, profaned, anesthetic, panegyric, scrap.