Synonym: about, approximately, around, close to, just about, or so, roughly, some. Similar words: moreover, more often than not, theoretical, more, less, any more, no more, bless. Meaning: adv. (of quantities) imprecise but fairly close to correct.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The project was more or less a success.
(2) The population remained more or less static.
(3) I've more or less finished reading the book.
(4) The Japanese market used to be more or less impenetrable.
(5) They managed to keep the party more or less secret from Christine.
(6) We decided, more or less on a whim, to sail to Morocco.
(7) He more or less railroaded the rest of Europe into recognising the new 'independent' states.
(8) Production is more or less at a standstill.
(9) It is more or less certain.
(10) He more or less accused me of lying.
(11) I more or less live on pasta.
(12) She could earn $200 a night, more or less.
(13) Kitchen cleansers are all more or less the same.
(14) It's more or less triangular plot of land.
(15) The Conference is more or less over.
(16) Opposition more or less crumbled away. Sentencedict.com
(17) I've more or less finished the book.
(18) He more or less started the firm.
(19) It's 500 kilos, more or less.
(20) They've settled here more or less permanently.
(21) The story is more or less true.
(22) Don't worry about it?that's more or less right.
(23) He more or less admitted he'd done it.
(24) The two houses were more or less identical.
(25) His estimate has turned out to be more or less correct.
(26) The two events were more or less contemporaneous, with only months between them.
(27) The cattle disease occurs more or less anywhere in Africa where the fly occurs.
(28) I can earn 20 a night, more or less, as a waiter.
(29) The officers were more or less able to dictate terms to successive governments.
(30) She started off by accusing him of blackmail but he more or less ignored her.
More similar words: moreover, more often than not, theoretical, more, less, any more, no more, bless, once more, all the more, much more, furthermore, much less, nonetheless, homeless, what is more, no more than, not more than, senseless, no less than, regardless, more than ever, nevertheless, regardless of, theory, care of, world, for life, be aware of, figure out.