Synonym: defy, delay, detain, endure, go, hold, hold out, hold water, last, live, live on, stand up, stick up, support, survive, sustain, withstand. Similar words: build up, add up, end up, head up, wind up, stand up, speed up, round up. Meaning: v. 1. be the physical support of; carry the weight of 2. hold up something as an example; hold up one's achievements for admiration 3. cause to be slowed down or delayed 4. rob at gunpoint or by means of some other threat 5. continue to live; endure or last 6. resist or confront with resistance 7. resist or withstand wear, criticism, etc..
Random good picture Not show
1. Hold up your hands if you have any question.
2. Don't worry. The house will hold up.
3. Democrats say arguments against the bill won't hold up.
4. Continuing violence could hold up progress towards reform.
5. The Olympic Stadium will hold up to 80,000 spectators.
6. You'll need tweezers to hold up the specimen.
7. The facts will hold up what I said.
8. I'm looking for a doings to hold up a curtain rail that's fallen down.
9. I hope the repairs hold up until we can get to a garage.
10. This must not be allowed to hold up the peace process.
11. She did her best to hold up before her children.
12. I thought that no one else could hold up such pain.
12. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
13. How long will you hold up on such a sum of money?
14. I hope that the fine weather will hold up for some more days.
15. You will hold up the responsibility for all the serious consequences arising therefrom.
16. There are two large wooden supports that hold up the roof.
17. Our car can hold up to five people.
18. Their starting pitchers hold up, as if under warranty.
19. How does he hold up his head if he knows his wife is deceiving him?
20. Any further hold up to the Spittalburn stretch will cost the taxpayer a six-figure sum for each week's delay.
21. It was to hold up any new organizing at all, even on a quiet,(Sentencedict.com) low-key scale.
22. Confound it, who am I to hold up my nose in such a fashion?
23. First, it could hold up Challenger's next attempt to launch a relay satellite, in August.
24. These poles hold up the outer part of the tent.
25. One way would be to hold up a pencil at arm's length and measure their relative sizes as an artist might.
26. You are the patron saint of life, your wisdom and sincerity to hold up the sun life, your selfless sacrifice life, heal the wounded bear bitter hardships, pain.
27. Her neck grew long and boneless, and was suddenly unable to hold up her heavy head.
28. And now the child watched Ben slowly lay down the half-eaten trotter and hold up both hands before his large face.
29. Lying as shown raise the elbows, head and shoulders towards the knees and hold up for 5 counts.
30. More children growing up in a world so increasingly diverse that stock racial identities no longer hold up.
More similar words: build up, add up, end up, head up, wind up, stand up, speed up, round up, add up to, hold, stand up to, lead up to, stand up for, holy, whole, end up with, hold out, hold on, hold in, hold down, as a whole, hold on to, get hold of, household, scholar, hold back, Catholic, on the whole, hold water, threshold.