Random good picture Not show
(1) Molly smiled rather wryly and said nothing.
(2) She was no raving beauty, she thought wryly, but at least she now looked human.
(3) He knew, says Menotti a little wryly, that it was time for a dramatic gesture.
(4) But then, she recalled wryly, nor had stage fright.
(5) Harry noted wryly that the file hadn't been updated to include any record of his town hall speech.
(6) She wondered wryly whether to be thankful for small mercies[sentence dictionary], or to feel insulted.
(7) The thought made her smile wryly, then she bit her lip as she caught a puzzled glance from Robert.
(8) Smiling wryly, he fetched the lead and yanked Clytemnestra from the best armchair.
(9) Lin Pei - shan smiled wryly, and threw Fan Po - wen a sly glance of pretended vexation.
(10) He smiled wryly, then closed his eyes and gnawed his lips.
(11) "Truth to tell", said the Master wryly, "the fellow reads so much I don't see how he could ever find the time to know anything".
(12) She studied him for the longest time, looking wryly amused.
(13) His mother smiled wryly and reached out to brush a leaf off his clothes.
(14) I'll never forget when my husband wryly asked if I packed my 'Swimming Frock' when we were heading out to Nantucket.
(15) He smiled wryly and shook his head.
(16) Lucy said wryly, " Mike, if you don't build that hospital, I'll die an old maid. ".
(17) Few things that she experienced during that quarter-century are omitted from the book, or so some readers have wryly observed.
(18) Guy's mouth kicked up at one corner in a wryly amused smile.
(19) And Che reau observes that world, which is so close to his own, with a wryly sympathetic eye.
(20) And she could hardly blame him after the disaster of their own brief marriage, Laura now thought wryly.
(21) Somehow he had been infused with some of its magic - that word again, he thought wryly.
(22) Anyone else would have had tact enough to at least dress it up a little, she thought wryly.
(23) She sat opposite him on the bench and studied him - wryly , appraisingly, curiously.
(24) He knit his brows in a tight, frown and smiled wryly to himself.
(25) Had his earlier bid been approved , he notes wryly, " we wouldn't have this problem. ".
(26) When asked if he would be visiting his family, Becker said wryly: "I hope I don't have time.".
(27) He sometimes fires people for simply not doing a good job, "unheard-of in government service, " he wryly notes.
(28) Everybody could say it about his second wife though, he thought wryly.
(29) " Yes , of course, " replied Chueh - hui wryly.
(30) Wu Sun - fu frowned, while Sun Chi - jen rubbed his chin and smiled wryly.