Similar words: ankara, tankard, crank arm, shank, redshank, scrimshank, drunkard, tanka. Meaning: n. Indian sitar player who popularized classical Indian music in the West (born in 1920).
Random good picture Not show
1. Iwan Granoogst, appointed by Shankar as Bouterse's interim successor, was nominally the leader of the Dec. 24 coup.
2. After extended listening to Ravi Shankar in his sleep, he taught himself to play the sitar.
3. Shankar and his tabla player, Alla Rakha, held the apparently preposterous view that all notes were equal.
4. I bought the autobiography of Ravi Shankar in India.
5. Darshan Shankar is founder director of the Foundation for Revitalisation of Local Health Traditions (FRLHT), Bangalore.
6. In recent weeks, Shankar added, BNY Mellon clients have pumped money back into U.S. Treasuries, often at the expense of U.S. and foreign equities, "in a move to safety and liquidity."
7. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar: When you say a word, you have already heard a definition for it.
8. Jones, the daughter of sitar legend Ravi Shankar, is a pianist who takes inspiration from singers like Nina Simone and Billie Holiday.
9. What about Ravi Shankar claiming it as his personal discovery and patenting it?
10. Here on MakeUseOf, Shankar has written an article showing how easy the process can be.
11. So, let's listen to Ravi Shankar play a bit of a raga using a six-note scale.
12. Professor Shankar then reviews basic terminology in relation to work, kinetic energy and potential energy.
13. Jazz, classical, and Ravi Shankar turned out to be the most helpful to the plants.
14. Professor Shankar is working on his second semester of recorded videos, and says that the experience has improved his teaching. This time around, he is trying to liven up his lectures.
15. India's foreign secretary Shiv Shankar Menon will be meeting his Pakistani counterpart a day ahead of the talks between the foreign ministers.
16. He had just released a record called Passages, made with Ravi Shankar.
17. The letter started off not with a personal salutation but in black letters: Jai Shiva Shankar!
18. I will not teach any techniques of the course unless HH Sri Sri Ravi Shankar has fully personally trained me.
19. Lumped parameter models have also been developed, such as was done by Shankar and Paulin, but these tend to be machine-specific.
20. Berkeley's chancellor, Robert Birgeneau, and the dean of its engineering school, S. Shankar Sastry, were in Shanghai last weekend to sign the agreement.
21. Also on this year's list are Indian spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Israeli nuclear whistleblower Mordechai Vanunu and Irish rock star Bono.
22. Traditional medical cultures need a true partnership with modern medicine, say Bhushan Patwardhan, Gerard Bodeker and Darshan Shankar.
23. Following meetings in Beijing, Mr. Donilon will travel to India to meet Indian National Security Adviser Shiv Shankar Menon.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
24. In Bangalore, the police have recovered 20 million rupees ($403, 000) in two cases during this election, said Shankar Bidari, the city's commissioner of police.
25. "There is definitely an air of pessimism spreading across markets today," said Samarjit Shankar, managing director of global FX strategy at BNY Mellon in Boston.
26. Norah Jones was born on March 30, 1979, in New York City. She is the daughter of the legendary Ravi Shankar, a very famous guitar player, but Norah was brought up entirely by her mother Sue.
27. Investors favored the yen as a funding currency for the first half of the decade, and Shankar said the trade is much bigger -- and more stable -- than the dollar carry trade.
More similar words: ankara, tankard, crank arm, shank, redshank, scrimshank, drunkard, tanka, tankage, bankable, sri lanka, sri lankan, rank and file, crank angle, the rank and file, bank account, bankability, bank acceptance, bank accounting, opening a bank account, hanky-panky, hank, crankshaft, hanky, thank, hanks, thanks, hankie, hanker, shan.