Synonym: bring down, degrade, demean, discharge, disgrace, drop, drop off, enter, get down, land, lay, place down, record, repose, set down, take down, unload, write down. Similar words: cut down, outdoor, without doubt, get down, set down, beat down, get down to, next door. Meaning: v. 1. cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place 2. put in a horizontal position 3. cause to come to the ground 4. reduce in worth or character, usually verbally 5. leave or unload, especially of passengers or cargo; 6. put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc. 7. make a record of; set down in permanent form put-down. n. a crushing remark.
Random good picture Not show
1. We've put down a 5% deposit on the house.
2. He stooped and put down his gun.
3. The army put down the rebellion.
4. Please put down the receiver.
5. Put down your address clearly.
6. Put down your name in capitals.
7. The British soon put down the rebellion.
8. Put down that book and help your mother with the dishes.
9. The military junta is determined to put down all political opposition.
10. Susannah put down the paintbrush and stood back to admire her handiwork.
11. The military were called out to put down the riot.
12. The past thing we can unforget,but we should put down.
13. I said goodbye and put down the telephone .
14. We had to have the dog put down.
15. The farmer had put down some rat poison.
16. I didn't put down that I had postgraduate degree.
17. The uprising was put down with the utmost ferocity.
18. Put down your name and address.
19. Troops were brought in to put down the disturbance.
20. Let me put down your telephone number.
21. Put down that knife before you hurt somebody!
22. The army has put down/suppressed the revolt.
23. The uprising was put down with utmost ferocity.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
24. He put down my box with the breath soughing.
25. He put down his mug of foul-tasting coffee.
26. We had to have our cat put down.
27. It's time that the government put down interest rates.
28. He was put down from the office for peculation.
29. Put down your statement in black and white.
30. Troops put down a rising in the capital.
More similar words: cut down, outdoor, without doubt, get down, set down, beat down, get down to, next door, put, put up, put off, put out, put on, put in, put to, input, output, put away, deputy, computer, dispute, put aside, put up with, put forward, put across, down, put through, downs, go down, widow.