Synonym: arm, branch, tree branch. Similar words: limber up, akimbo, timber, Muslim, climate, glimpse, eliminate, to the limit. Meaning: [lɪm] n. 1. one of the jointed appendages of an animal used for locomotion or grasping: arm; leg; wing; flipper 2. any of the main branches arising from the trunk or a bough of a tree 3. (astronomy) the circumferential edge of the apparent disc of the sun or the moon or a planet 4. either of the two halves of a bow from handle to tip 5. the graduated arc that is attached to an instrument for measuring angles 6. any projection that is thought to resemble a human arm.
Random good picture Not show
1. Wrap the bandage firmly around the injured limb.
2. The broken limb must be immobilized immediately.
3. Amputation of the limb is really a last resort.
4. We tear the enemies limb from limb.
5. He'd gone out on a limb to help us.
6. He threatened to tear me limb from limb.
7. Lobsters can reproduce a lost limb.
8. This entire rickety structure was hanging from the limb of an enormous leafy tree.
9. He risked life and limb to get the cat down from the tree.
10. Are you prepared to go out on a limb and make your suspicions public?
11. Try to rest the injured limb as much as possible.
12. She sat on a limb of the tree and looked down.
13. Why risk life and limb jumping out of a plane just to raise money for charity?
14. She's going out on a limb in criticizing her own party leadership.
15. He has risked life and limb to photograph some of the world's most dangerous animals.
16. They can see themselves going out on a limb, voting for a very controversial energy bill.
17. I risked life and limb to get here on time.
18. She risks life and limb every day in her job as an undercover investigator.
19. She risked life and limb to save her children from the fire.
20. Fire-fighters risk life and limb every day in their work.
21. Is it symmetric or more pronounced in one limb?
22. This measures any preferential loss of distal limb elements.
23. Junior was out on a limb.
24. All the other countries signed the agreement, leaving Britain out on a limb.
25. His controversial stance has left him out on a limb.
26. Viewers will remember the dashing hero, Dirk,(sentencedict.com) risking life and limb to rescue Daphne from the dragons.
27. Anyone who could climb all these stairs was sound enough in wind and limb.
28. His refusal to agree left him out on a limb.
29. If it continues to bleed, you may have to apply a tourniquet to the limb.
30. Although she had to have her leg amputated, she still feels as though she's got a phantom limb.
More similar words: limber up, akimbo, timber, Muslim, climate, glimpse, eliminate, to the limit, limitation, preliminary.