Similar words: inflamed, duck, lame, blame, flame, duckweed, lament, famed. Meaning: n. an elected official still in office but not slated to continue.
Random good picture Not show
1. Bush is not merely treating Clinton as a lame duck.
2. It leaves a lame duck with the responsibility of pushing the Maastricht Bill through the Commons.
3. He had turned out to be a lame duck and limped out of her life.
4. And while that makes him a lame duck, he still has his veto pen and his bully pulpit.
5. The president nominated a lame duck to head commision.
6. The water plant is a lame duck.
7. He is a lame duck manager who cannot even set clear goals for his team.
8. Sally always has to have a lame duck to look after.
9. A lame duck manager can not bring his business back on to the normal track.
10. The term lame duck refers to an elected official who has lost an election, or soon will be leaving office, during the period between the election and the date a successor will take over.
11. The lame duck president was losing more and more control over his country.
12. And Richie was no longer treating him like a lame duck.
13. Daimler will either be a monument to his original vision,(sentencedict.com/lame duck.html) or just another lame duck.
14. I thought, Don't know about a wild goose chase, this is a lame duck chase.
15. He cushions his transition into retirement by referring to himself as a lame duck.
16. Now I'm the hanger - on at these parties - the lame duck.
17. YB Zulhasnan is just a political appointee of the lame duck Prime Minister.
18. No foreign policy decision can be made because of the lame duck presidency.
19. He must recognise by now that he will be a one-term, increasingly lame duck president.