Similar words: group discount, group discussion, dike, diketone, klondike, thorndike, diktat, sheep dip. Meaning: n. United States author (born 1932).
Random good picture Not show
1. Bech's querulous voice allows Updike to indulge in equal parts of satire and wish-fulfilment.
2. The prize winning American writer John Updike has died.
3. William Pennington and Lisle Updike formed their business partnership about 1908 and opened a portrait studio in Durango, Colorado.
4. It was Updike who wrote The Witches of Eastwick which is later turned into a movie.
5. Updike once described his subject matter as " the American small town, Protestant middle class "
6. The Coup is the only novel in Updike s works with a black as the hero.
6. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
7. John Updike was a Pulitzer - prize winning author of novels, verse, essays and criticism.
8. In the early 1900s, William Pennington and Lisle Updike spent most days traveling the four corners area of Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Arizona in a wagon photographing the people and landscapes.
9. In 2000, John Updike published his 19 ( superscript th ) novel Gertrude and Claudius.
10. John Updike is a copious writer having a great influence on the contemporary American literary history.
11. John Updike is one of the greatest contemporary American writers.
12. In 1976, Cheever received a false report that Updike had died and was moved to record the following tribute in his journal.
13. This is C.B.C. John Updike has been in a fatal automobile accident.
14. The stories were by such authors as John Updike, Roald Dahl, Anton Chekhov, Agatha Christie, and Raymond Carver.
15. John Updike is a famous novelist and poet of United States.
16. In 2000, John Updike published his 19 th novel, Gertrude and Claudius.
17. I will say that, in certain scenes of revelatory rapture, Updike has rarely been better.
18. Among the few exceptions to this rule he singles out Lavinia Greenlaw, John Updike and John Frederick Mins.
19. Before he died in 1982, Cheever was ranked third, behind Saul Bellow and John Updike, in a survey of living American writers whose work would live on for generations.
20. For the female images, there was a number of commentators felt that Updike was a "misogyny" writer.
21. Who cannot recognize a Tennessee Williams play or a novel by John Updike or Ernest Hemingway or a poem by Robert Frost or W. H. Auden or T. S. Eliot?
22. The only new commentary of note is an unsurprisingly well-turned foreword by John Updike, a friend and admirer of yore.
23. And like many other people, they can't understand why I am not particularly upset that my work is shelved almost 10 full feet away from the likes of American legends John Updike and Joyce Carol Oates.
24. Rabbit, Run, which was the first of his Rabbit tetralogy, won Updike great fame, and became Updike"s most well-known novel."
25. "How we did adore and envy them, the idols of our college years—Hemingway and Faulkner, Frost and Eliot, Mary McCarthy and Flannery O'Connor and Eudora Welty!" wrote John Updike.
More similar words: group discount, group discussion, dike, diketone, klondike, thorndike, diktat, sheep dip, soap dish, map display, update, soap dispenser, sleep disorder, Like attracts like, updraft, updated, updating, coup d'etat, like for like, end up doing, group delay, coup de grace, give up doing, group dynamics, group decision, update information, update data, ike, mike, IKES.