Synonym: blood-red, carmine, cerise, cherry, cherry-red, crimson, deep red, red, reddish, ruby-red, ruddy, scarlet. Similar words: rub, drub, rub off, rub out, shrub, scrub, rubber, rubric. Meaning: ['ruːbɪ] n. 1. a transparent piece of ruby that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem 2. a transparent deep red variety of corundum; used as a gemstone and in lasers 3. a deep and vivid red color. adj. of a color at the end of the color spectrum (next to orange); resembling the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The ring has a ruby in a silver setting.
(2) She reset a ruby in her necklace.
(3) They danced to Ruby Newman's orchestra .
(4) His eye lit on a ruby ring.
(5) "Ruby Murray" is rhyming slang for "curry".
(6) She is wearing a small ruby earring.
(7) Ruby blew out all her candles at one go.
(8) She gave the purse to Ruby, who crowed with delight.
(9) They got misty-eyed listening to records of Ruby Murray singing "Danny Boy".
(10) Victorian inlaid china-cabinet, ￡180; ruby oil lamp, ￡175.
(11) Killing each other with the ruby of poisoned wine.
(12) Ruby and diamond ring, $ 129.
(13) The ruby in her belly button stayed put.
(14) Four-seater at a lodge five miles west of Ruby.
(15) And here is a sapphire(sentencedict.com/ruby.html), and here a ruby.
(16) This bestows on Guinness its deep ruby darkness.
(17) Ruby claims her illness was caused by washing her late husband's overalls.
(18) McLamb said the situation is much like Ruby Ridge, where he and Gritz arrived without an invitation.
(19) The sweeter, more nutritious, relatively new varieties of ruby grapefruit made for fine eating at home.
(20) Long slender fingers, wedding ring, and a huge ruby on another ring.
(21) Ruby Wax found some real wackos in West Virginia-loons who use poisonous snakes in religious ceremonies.
(22) Ruby attempted to communicate by a combination of gestures, clicks, and guttural sounds unlike any known language.
(23) Will Ruby Wax lyrical about her smear test and will Oliver Reed flash his wedding tackle?
(24) Ruby Tiger had looked on the point of collapse after her thrilling victory but quickly recovered.
(25) The jury took less than two hours to sentence Ruby to death; he died behind bars.
(26) She tried double Sellotape, but every time her belly went in, the ruby popped out.
(27) While she was identifying these predators in the encyclopedia, Ruby became noticeably paler and agitated.
(28) And Rod, infamous for his years of rock star excess, insisted he had no worries about Ruby going into showbiz.
(29) In the pre-punk 1970s, before working-class chic peaked, hipsters at art school would have out-posed middle-class Ruby.
(30) Bernstein was trying to explain his headline problems to Ruby when Gerstein strode past with a retinue of aides.