Random good picture Not show
1. Just then he saw a man-of-war bird with his long black wings circling in the sky ahead of him.
2. The Portuguese man-of-war is a large poisonous jellyfish-like creature found in the UK.
3. A hovering man-of-war bird showed him where dolphin were chasing some flying fish, but the school was moving too fast and too far away.
4. White-Jacket; or The World in a Man-of-War , published in.
4. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
5. Like the Portuguese man-of-war (see picture), the new creature is actually a colonial organism, made up of many animals.
6. Often mistaken for a jellyfish, the Portuguese man-of-war is actually made up of a colony of organisms working together.
7. Given impressive-sounding names like "Portuguese man-of-war," jellyfish are certainly respected and feared by humans.
8. If a Portuguese man-of-war stings you it will be very painful.
9. Conway pointed to a purple Portuguese man-of-war lurking to their left.
10. Our cog was a sturdy merchantman escorted by a small man-of-war.
11. Far to the north, a much more menacing species looms – the Portuguese Man-of-War, a floating, violet-coloured sack with long tentacles.
12. Darwin came here on the Beagle and noted that the sound of calving bergs "reverberates like the broadside of a man-of-war through the lonely channels."
13. You have no notion of the powers of a captain of a man-of-war.
14. The moon jellyfish are, in fact, just about everywhere, including Mexico, Alaska and along the Atlantic Coast of the United States. They include the stinging Portuguese man-of-war.
More similar words: tug-of-war, theatre of war, prisoner of war, can of worms, a man of iron, man of straw, man of means, a man of straw, man of action, man of letters, a man of letters, man of the world, a man of the world, right of way, prince of wales, battle of waterloo, like a fish out of water, persian gulf war, joan of arc, plan of action, nanofiltration, manor, manor house, humanoid, chain of command, manoeuvre, manometer, outmanoeuvre, manoeuvrable, sphygmomanometer.