Synonym: earlier, in the beginning, originally, primarily, to begin with. Similar words: the first person, first prize, marketplace, first, at first, first of all, place, at first sight. Meaning: adv. 1. before now 2. of primary import.
Random good picture Not show
1. In the first place you must rev it up to warm the engine.
2. In the first place, we should decide on one program.
3. Why did you choose basketball in the first place?
4. Why did you agree to meet her in the first place?
5. He wouldn't have given you the job in the first place if he didn't think you could do it.
6. How did the problem come about in the first place?
7. In the first place, I'm too busy, and in the second I don't really want to go.
8. It was your own idea in the first place, so you can hardly object now.
9. I don't want to go yet - in the first place I'm not ready, and in the second place it's raining.
10. I should never have taken that job in the first place.
11. Her success was secured by two factors. In the first place, she had the support of managers.
12. I wish I'd never got involved in the first place!
13. Well, in the first place he has all the right qualifications.
14. Why Joan ever married such an idiot in the first place is beyond me.
15. In the first place you are not old and in the second place you are a very attractive man.
16. Who got us into this mess in the first place?
17. I'm amazed they had the cheek to ask in the first place.
18. In the first place, I am no classicist.
19. The trousers shrank when I washed them, but they weren't really big enough in the first place.
20. When you feel like giving up, remember why you held on so long in the first place.
21. You're not making me jealous. You're making me wonder what I saw you in the first place.
22. When I pointed out that it had been her idea in the first place, she could hardly disagree.
23. Thankfully, he wasn't hurt, but he never should have been there in the first place.
24. As I recall , it was you who suggested this idea in the first place.
25. The education minister's criticism of the new exam system seems rich, considering it was he who demanded the changes in the first place.
26. The biggest question is how they got into this mess in the first place.
27. Looking to the future, though(sentencedict.com/in the first place.html), we asked him what the prospects are for a vaccine to prevent infection in the first place.
28. It was a shooting star that propelled me into astronomy in the first place.
29. You seem to forget that it was your idea in the first place.
30. I still don't understand why you chose that name in the first place.
More similar words: the first person, first prize, marketplace, first, at first, first of all, place, at first sight, in place, replace, first and foremost, workplace, take place, out of place, in place of, placement, replacement, in the future, take the place of, palace, burst into, in that, in the way, in the end, in the air, complaint, in the dark, in the past, in the way of, in the open.