Synonym: dig, loosen, plow, till. Similar words: phoenix, shoelace, diarrhoea, leeuwenhoek. Meaning: [həʊ] n. a tool with a flat blade attached at right angles to a long handle. v. dig with a hoe.
Random good picture Not show
1) She bought herself a hoe and a sickle.
2) I have to feed the chickens and hoe the potatoes.
3) They hoe the garden to keep down the weeds.
4) Hoe the ground in spring.
5) Hoe the wheat today, and the cotton tomorrow.
6) Graham Booth is using a 12-row Garford hoe.
7) They have a hard row to hoe.
8) We found him in a field with a hoe.
9) Thwarted yet wondering, she chopped away with the hoe.
10) An example would be an ad hoe public enquiry into a serious railway accident.
11) Onion hoe A small hand version of a swan-necked draw hoe, useful for working between close-set plants and rows.
12) You run in the compound, your grub hoe held at port arms.
13) He'd poked at the soil with a hoe to give it a fresh look.
14) All of a sudden this woman downs her hoe and runs up to me demanding money.
15) Marcy Lupino took his hoe, propped it under his arm, and leaned on it as he wept.
16) He kept picturing an old man with a hoe, how the poor guy went skidding through the powdery red dust.
17) A bleeper sounds in the cab if the hoe is unable to distinguish the rows for a long time.
18) Hoe many of us could 7 survive for long without some predictable pattern or regularity in our lives?
19) At first they cultivated with a rough wooden hoe.
20) I'd like to hoe in the field.
21) Choose me a good hoe.
22) He is whittling down the branch with a knife to make a handle for his hoe.
23) The cattle are not used for draught purposes, since the fields are tilled with the hoe.
24) It is best to cut weeds off at the roots with an implement such as a hoe.
25) Improving schools with little funding is a tough row to hoe.
26) He's saving three pounds a week and putting it in the post office at hoe.
27) Baby Suggs leaned back into the peppers and the squash vines with her hoe.
28) A simple monochrome digital video camera is fitted to the hoe and trained on the crop just in front of the machine.
29) Thanks to Chavez,(http://sentencedict.com/hoe.html) farm-owners now provide outside lavatories for workers; he also prompted legislation to outlaw the hated short hoe.
30) Some flower beds may have soft, fertile soil which is easier to dig or hoe than hard or stony ground.
More similar words: phoenix, shoelace, diarrhoea, leeuwenhoek.