Synonym: articulatio cubiti, cubital joint, cubitus, elbow joint, human elbow. Similar words: bow, bowl. Meaning: ['elbəʊ] n. 1. hinge joint between the forearm and upper arm and the corresponding joint in the forelimb of a quadruped 2. a sharp bend in a road or river 3. a length of pipe with a sharp bend in it 4. the part of a sleeve that covers the elbow joint 5. the joint of a mammal or bird that corresponds to the human elbow. v. 1. push one's way with the elbows 2. shove one's elbow into another person's ribs.
Random good picture Not show
2. She jabbed him with her elbow.
3. His elbow poked out through his torn shirt sleeve.
4. She poked him in the ribs with her elbow.
5. She grazed her elbow in the fall.
6. She poked her elbow into his ribs.
7. You jogged my elbow and spoiled what I was drawing.
8. He jogged me with his elbow to give me warning.
9. He had a patch on the elbow of his jacket.
10. Her arm was bandaged from the elbow to the fingers.
11. He's fractured his elbow.
12. There's more elbow room in the restaurant since they extended it.
13. He rested one elbow on the wall as he spoke.
14. It took a considerable amount of polish and elbow grease before the brass shone like new.
15. He raised himself up on one elbow to watch.
16. Mind you, don't catch that cup with your elbow.
17. Martin eyed the bottle at Marianne's elbow.
18. She thrust her elbow into her attacker's face.
19. Non-state firms gradually elbow aside the inefficient state-owned ones.
19. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
20. Ow! You whacked me with your elbow!
21. He jabbed his elbow into my side.
22. He urged her forward, his hand under her elbow.
23. I skinned my elbow against the wall.
24. She propped herself up on one elbow.
25. Elbow injuries are commonly found among tennis players.
26. I rested my elbow on a cushion.
27. She had grazed her elbow quite badly.
28. Sorry, did I knock your elbow?
29. We were tightly squashed in at dinner, with very little elbow room.
30. His speech was designed to give himself more political elbow room.