Similar words: mithraic, mithra, mithras, naismith, thrall, thrash, thrasher, thrace. Meaning: n. ancient Persian religion; popular among Romans during first three centuries a.d..
Random good picture Not show
1. What did the 7th grade of Mithraism originally confer?
2. In the third stage, mithraism is create...
3. Mithraism was the reversal of the STO version.
4. Mithraism was an ancient mystery religion prominent from the 1st century BC to the 5th century AD.
5. Mithraism, an established but exclusive sect devoted to social justice,[Sentence dictionary] was assimilated by state-sponsored Christianity before being disposed of in name.
6. Mithraism is best documented in the form it had acquired in the later Roman Empire.
7. Indeed, before its usurpation by Christianity Mithraism enjoyed the patronage of some of the most important individuals in the Roman Empire.
8. Syrian merchants brought Mithraism to the major cities, such as Alexandria, Rome and Carthage, while captives carried it to the countryside.
9. For more than a century, Mithraism, a religion derived from Persia, was the largest single religion in Rome.
10. Both Mithraism and early Christianity considered abstinence, celibacy, and self- controltobe among their highest virtues.
11. Among other forms of religion that flourished in the Roman empire was Mithraism.
12. Their conceptions of the battles between good and evil were almost identical, with Christianity adopting millennial epochs that were integral to Mithraism from Zoroastrianism .
13. He was well versed in Judaism and in the Mithraism and Alexandrian religion of the day.
14. They superimposed astrology, the use of the zodiac, and the deification of the four seasons onto the Persian rites of Mithraism.
15. According to the Roman historian Plutarch (c. 46-120 AD/CE), Mithraism began to be absorbed by the Romans during Pompey's military campaign against Cilician pirates around 70 BCE.
16. The 25th was not only sacred to the Romans but also the Persians whose religion Mithraism was one of Christianitys main rivals at that time.
More similar words: mithraic, mithra, mithras, naismith, thrall, thrash, thrasher, thrace, anthrax, urethra, enthral, enthrall, in thrall, bahrain, urethras, thrash out, thracian, urethral, urethrae, raise, phragmites, bahraini, enthralled, clathrate, death rate, birth-rate, in thrall to, birth rate, thrashing, death-rate.