Synonym: 4, IV, Little Joe, foursome, iv, quadruplet, quartet, quatern, quaternary, quaternion, quaternity, tetrad. Similar words: fourth, founder, profound. Meaning: [fɔr /fɔː] n. the cardinal number that is the sum of three and one. adj. being one more than three.
Random good picture Not show
3. My father had always said that there are four things a child needs plenty of love, nourishing food, fegular sleep, and lots of soap and water---and after those, what he needs most is some intelligent neglect.
4. Five, four, three, two, one, zero.
5. There are four more stops to Shinjuku.
6. Categorize the plants into four groups.
7. This lesson is divided into four units.
8. This is my dog. She is four years old.
9. The team consists of four Europeans and two Americans.
10. My four year-old daughter was asleep on the sofa.
11. These four posts sustain the entire building.
12. They consolidated seven provinces to form four new ones.
13. Four police officers sustained serious injuries in the explosion.
14. Eight people were held hostage for four months.
15. A four - day suspension was imposed on her.
16. She won the championship four times in succession.
17. In America,(sentencedict .com) presidential elections are held every four years.
18. Shortly afterwards, police arrested four suspects.
19. Divide eight by two you get four.
20. The association meets four times a year.
21. The Fund awards four scholarships every year.
22. Four subtracted from ten equals six.
23. Berlin was divided into four sectors after the war.
24. The process was distributed into four stages.
25. The ship spent four days in port.
26. His cake is four times as big as mine.
27. Judith is married with four children.
28. The harbour is four fathoms deep.
29. The needle pierces the fabric four times a second.