(1) In time of peace prepare for war
(2) If you wish for peace, be prepared for war
(3) The way to win an atomic war
is to make certain it never starts.
(5) All is fair in love and war
is much too important to be left to the military.
(7) When war
begins, then hell openeth.
makes thieves, and peace hangs them.
(9) To be prepared for war
is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
(10) Money is the sinews of war
(11) When war
begins then hell opens.
(12) In war
, there is no second prize for the runner-up.
(13) If you want peace, prepare for war
(14) All dlays are dangerous in war
(15) Of all war
(s), peace is the end.
is nothing but a continuation of politics with the admixture of other means.
(17) Money is the sinews of love, as of war
(18) In war
, whichever side may call itself the victor, there are no winners, but all are losers.
(19) There can be no war
nowadays between civilized nations, nor any peace that is not hollow and delusive unless sustained and backed up by the sentiment of the people who are parties to it.
(20) Real peace doesn't mean absence of war
is the business of barbarians.
is the sport of kings.
is the continuity of policies during peace time, and vice versa.
(24) Force, and fraud, are in war
the two cardinal virtues.
(25) We were still playing at war — dropping leaflets instead of bombs.
(26) When Greek meets Greek, then comes the tug of war
(27) When Greek meet Greek, then comes the tug of war
(28) In the election of a wife, as in a project of war
, to err but once is to be undone for ever.
(29) There is many a boy here today who looks on war
as all glory, but boys, it is all hell.
(30) When Greeks joined Greeks, then was the tug of war