1. The British were formerly dominant in India.
2. Algeria was formerly a French colony.
3. That formerly how to pick, time flies straight forward.
4. This boat was formerly used on the rivers of China.
5. Formerly most of our household utensils were made of brass.
6. Smocks were formerly worn by farm workers.
7. This area was formerly within the sphere of influence of the US.
8. The Orkney islands were formerly dependencies of Norway and Denmark.
9. We now enjoy these comforts of which formerly we had only heard.
10. The European Union was formerly called the European Community.
11. Some of our formerly loyal members have fallen away.
12. He had formerly been in the Navy.
13. The company formerly belonged to an international banking group.
14. Burundi was formerly a Belgian trusteeship.
15. Formerly he often lingered about a park doing nothing.
16. The European Union was formerly known as the European Economic Community.
17. Less people study Latin today than formerly.
18. This elegant hotel was formerly a castle.
19. Formerly he often lingered around a park doing nothing.
20. This painting was formerly owned privately, but now it belongs to the Nation.
21. The formerly robust economy has begun to weaken.
21. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. I learnt that the house had formerly been an inn.
23. Formerly, the relations between a teacher and his pupils were dominated by fear on the part of the pupils.
24. Formerly close friends, they had been estranged from each other for many years.
25. Forty-fifth to Fifty-sixth Streets, formerly dead ends at railway yards, became thoroughfares.
26. Peru was formerly ruled by the Spanish.
27. Men who had been seasonal workers formerly began talking of going stone-gathering and ditching during the winter.
28. The audience were disappointed in the comedian because he lapsed from his formerly high standard of performance.
29. Pretty meaty stuff for an art history major who formerly knew squat about the squabble.
30. Henry now works part-time with a firm he had formerly hired as consultants.