Random good picture Not show
1. Certainly, Bentham acknowledged his debt to Beccaria.
2. Rights without the backbone of legal sanction, Bentham contends, is just talk.
3. Take only one example: Bentham on slavery.
4. Bentham also formulated an algorithm called the felicific calculus to measure the amount of pleasure or pain a specific action causes.
5. Sandel introduces the principles of Utilitarian philosopher, Jeremy Bentham, with a famous 19th century law case involving a shipwrecked crew of four.
6. As for Jeremy Bentham, who launched utilitarianism as a doctrine in moral and legal philosophy, Bentham died in 1832 at the age of 85.
7. Jeremy Bentham is the founder of the British utilitarianism in the second half of 18~ ( th ) century.
8. The ethical theory proposed by Jeremy Bentham and James Mill that all action should be directed toward achieving the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.
9. Jeremy Bentham, for example, proposed replacing the phrase "law of nations" with "international law" in an important footnote in his Introduction to the Principles of Morals and Legislation (1780).
10. Jeremy Bentham was one of the most important thinkers in modern England. His study covered the fields of ethics, political philosophy and legal theory.
11. He didn't agree with Bentham that the actions of individuals are motivated only be self - interest.
12. In addition, Bentham explored some new methods for justifying the legal and moral philosophy, including the "exhaustive method", "method of details" and "censorial method".
13. That's a deduction from Jeremy Bentham 's theory of interest.
14. Proposed by the British philosopher Jeremy Bentham ( 1748 -1832), the principal of utility is based on happiness and was seen as being a scientific approach to morality.
15. Bentham and James Mill that all action should be directed toward achieving the greatest happiness for the greatest number of people.
16. If so, an immense difference would arise in decisions on right and wrong between Bentham and Mill.
17. Reason and utility were the pass-words to the new heaven on earth, and Jeremy Bentham was its prophet.
18. So it is possible that the difference between Mill and Bentham here is merely apparent.
19. The most striking difference between them is in the amount they wrote - Beccaria so little and Bentham so much.
20. The houses will be for people who have to move out of Bentham Drive to make way for a new rail link.
21. But this meant that Hume could not easily be deployed against the extreme deductions exemplified in de Sade and Bentham.
22. That utilitarianism needs some such additional clause to be in the intended spirit of Bentham is beyond doubt.
23. There was a strong emphasis on efficiency based on the ideas of Jeremy Bentham and utilitarianism in all this legislation.
24. He was an anglophile and an enthusiast of the works of Jeremy Bentham.
25. In the 18th century, the English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham designed the Panopticon,[sentencedict.com] a hypothetical prison.
26. In the late 19th century, the English philosopher Jeremy Bentham, in discussing the abstraction of equality, believed it to be insatiable, and asked where it would all end.
27. He also finds an excellent barrister – Richard Doane of the Inner Temple(sentencedict.com), a friend and amanuensis of the late Jeremy Bentham– to defend her at the Old Bailey trial.
28. In addition to Plato and Foucault, the list includes Aristotle, Hume, Kant, Bentham, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Russell, and Marcuse.
29. The economists of his day took their cue from Jeremy Bentham and his " utilitarian " philosophy.
30. Based on this, this article attempts to launch the concrete research from Mocius and Jeremy Bentham utilitarianism thought in order to instruct the modern market economy development.
More similar words: jeremy bentham, benthal, fourteenth amendment, benthic, benthos, mentha, enthalpy, in that event, fifth amendment, event handling, more often than not, seventh avenue, gotham, thames, on the assumption that, on the supposition that, ethambutol, north america, north american, river thames, south american, south america, thames river, with ambition, month after month, it is a shame that, methamphetamine, in that, on that, synthase.