Random good picture Not show
1. Although sympathetic to Lamarck, Geoffroy attacked Cuvier from a very different position.
2. Lamarck has an undeserved reputation as a loser.
3. Unfortunately, Lamarck has developed an undeserved reputation as a loser.
4. The idea was most clearly formulated by Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, but Charles Darwin sometimes used it, too.
5. Sinonovacula constricta ( Lamarck ) , a kind of mollusks , is important in marine aquaculture.
6. It was a nice idea, but Lamarck was wrong. Acquired characteristics cannot be transmitted in this way.
7. Darwin, who was 84 years younger than Lamarck, was the better scientist, and he won the day.
8. Mytilus galloprovincialis Lamarck can not only spend the summer but also glow in Pingtan county.
9. Lamarck made an intuitive guess about the biosphere and again was prescient.
10. Lamarck was the first man whose conclusions on the subject excited much attention.
11. Lamarck thought there was an inherent progressive tendency driving organisms continuously towards greater complexity, in parallel but separate lineages with no extinction.
12. Relation of temperature and salinity to growth and survival of juvenile Argopecten irradians (Lamarck) is reported at different controlled temperature and salinity.
13. As a biologist[Sentencedict.com ], Lamarck was equal to Darwin.
14. Studies on the attachment and metamorphosis of bay scallop Argopecten irradians (Lamarck) in controlled temperature and salinity have been conducted, from which, six points of conclusion are reported.
15. Jean-Baptiste Lamarck (1744-1829) argued that evolution could occur within a generation or two.
16. Lamarck, however, failed to be generally persuasive because he didn't have a plausible mechanism — he could see that evolution takes place, but he didn't know how.
17. At the start of the 19th century Jean-Baptiste Lamarck, a French naturalist,(sentencedict.com) thought he had found it.
18. The Pomacea canaliculata (Lamarck), an invasive freshwater gastropod, causes a series of problems of the production of rice, ecological environment and parasitic diseases dispersion.
19. Lamarck ism is very appealing.
20. Cuvier seemed to contemporaries to have had little trouble in demolishing the evolutionary scheme of his contemporary Lamarck.
21. Ernst Haeckel was particularly ardent, aiming to synthesise Darwin's ideas with those of Lamarck and Goethe while still reflecting the spirit of Naturphilosophie.
22. Research on epigenetics, while yet to uncover anything as dramatic as Lamarck's giraffes , does suggest that acquired traits can be heritable, and that Lamarck was not so wrong after all.
23. "It's very provocative, " says Lisa Monteggia, a neuroscientist at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, in Dallas. "It goes back to two schools of thought: Lamarck versus Darwin."
24. Such a remarkable conclusion was foreshadowed by the French natural philosopher, Jean Baptiste Lamarck, who in 1800 had even less information about planetary dynamics than Vernadsky did.
More similar words: bismarck, otto von bismarck, calamari, exclamation mark, lama, ulama, llama, lamaze, clamant, blamable, islamabad, salamander, dalai lama, reclamation, exclamatory, declamatory, declamation, acclamation, exclamation, camara, proclamation, marc, march, tamarind, tamarisk, amarillo, amaranth, samarkand, marcher, marcel.