Random good picture Not show
(1) She made a desultory attempt at conversation.
(2) They talked briefly in a desultory manner.
(3) He wandered around, clearing up in a desultory way.
(4) Do not let the discussion fragment into a desultory conversation with no clear direction.
(5) The constables made a desultory attempt to keep them away from the barn.
(6) I wandered about in a desultory fashion.
(7) The desultory voices at the tables fell silent, heads were raised and, together(sentencedict.com/desultory.html), the company moved towards the windows.
(8) He answered a few questions in a desultory fashion, even, it seemed, a little grudgingly.
(9) They'd talked, in a lazy, desultory fashion, about so many things that she'd lost track.
(10) On a field below a dormitory a desultory soccer game was under way.
(11) Corbett allowed their conversation to be as desultory as possible, wanting his companion to relax and feel safe in his presence.
(12) Conversation was desultory for we were all exhausted though Mandeville declared that tomorrow he would spread his net.
(13) She greets us in a desultory way, nothing at all like her usual greeting.
(14) Curious, therefore, that the reception was so desultory.
(15) Judith now entered into a desultory discourse with Deerslayer.
(16) His conduct during these first weeks had been desultory beyond description.
(17) Our planning proceeded in a desultory fashion.
(18) Carrie followed up this desultory conversation with occasional interruptions from the Vances.
(19) He broke into a desultory chat with me over his business affairs.
(20) The careful study of a few books is better than the desultory reading of many.
(21) He led his men back to Charleroi where a desultory musket fight was flickering across the river.
(22) The mistake then made was to re-establish the holding in Pearson, whose subsequent share price performance has been desultory.
(23) It perfectly caught the air of feebleness which has characterised months of desultory chatter.
(24) The peace of Utrecht ended the war proper in 1713, but desultory skirmishes carried on until 1714.
(25) Yet sedimentation and disappearing marshes alone can not explain the thickening of the bay's waters and its desultory humours.
(26) The persistence with which they fly down their victims is quite distinct from the desultory mutual robbery of immature gulls.
(27) The German assaulted on Russia also momentarily disrupted the desultory JapaneseAmerican talks.
(28) China's record of protecting its rare species has been desultory.
(29) From Morpheus the person of arousal of the first phase often has desultory impression, a lot of people still can have abrupt muscle to twitch, the flesh in calling Morpheus is clonic.
(30) He tactfully stayed out of all but the most desultory conversations with the members.
More similar words: desultorily, as a result of, result, result in, as a result, resulting, result from, sultry, be useful to, insult, consult, desuetude, consultant, consultancy, consultation, insulator, story, add insult to injury, history, factory, victory, oratory, dilatory, minatory, mandatory, aleatory, nugatory, auditory, territory, placatory.