Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. Love sought is good, but given unsought is better. William Shakespeare
3. He sought vainly for the answer.
4. We sought long and hard but found no answer.
5. Adam sought guidance from the Almighty.
6. He sought reconciliation with those he had stolen from.
7. She claims she never sought the limelight.
8. With equal passion I have sought knowledge. I have wished to understand the hearts of men. I have wished to know why the stars shine. And I have tried to apprehend the Pythagorean power by which number holds sway above the flux. A little of this, but not much, I have achieved.
9. We sought an answer to the question, but couldn't find one.
10. The dictator sought to aggrandise himself by new conquests.
11. The Marshall Plan sought to regenerate the shattered Europe of 1947.
11. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
12. He sought oblivion in a bottle of whisky.
13. Six journalists sought to challenge in court the legality of the ban on broadcasting.
14. Illegal immigrants found/sought/took sanctuary in a local church.
15. The dictator sought to aggrandize himself by new conquests.
16. Thousands of refugees have sought sanctuary in neighbouring countries.
17. He sought to purge the Democrat party of conservatives.
18. He sought renewal of the grant.
19. He sought out his friend in the crowd.
20. The union had sought a wage increase and a shorter work week.
21. Mr Smith hurriedly sought to retract the statement, but it had just been broadcast on national radio.
22. He sought shelter from the rain.
23. They sought in vain for somewhere to shelter.
24. The independence movement sought to unify the country with a national identity built around a common language.
25. I sought a mandate from my constituents to oppose this tax.
26. They sought cover from the wind.
27. Albeit fair, the girl was not sought after.
28. They sought comfort in each other.
29. The organisers of the demonstration concede that they hadn't sought permission for it.
30. His candidacy has divided the party; while most have scorned him, others have sought to rehabilitate him.
More similar words: ought, bought, drought, ought to, brought, a thought, through to, forethought, deep in thought, at the thought of, rough, dough, bough, tough, enough, though, roughly, borough, through, as though, thorough, although, go through, toughness, all through, throughout, get through, cut through, come through, run through.