Random good picture Not show
1. The barking dogs quietened when they recognized me.
2. The labour unrest which swept the country last week has quietened down.
3. A silencer quietens the noise of the engine.
4. She rocked the cradle to quieten the child.
5. Javed Miandad appealed for calm, but he failed to quieten the protesters.
6. Can't you quieten those children down?
7. She tried to quieten her breathing.
8. Can you quieten the kids down?
9. You must quieten down when the teacher comes into the classroom.
10. He tried to get in a few digs at you but I quietened him.
11. Tom's words before the match might also have quietened down our own supporters.
12. I managed to quieten her fears.
13. Things seem to have quietened down a bit this afternoon .
14. Quieten down and get on with your work.
15. Russian intelligence will take a long time to quieten the paranoia of the West.
16. Things tend to quieten down after Christmas.
17. They were quarreling for a long while and quietened down at last.
18. Somehow I managed to quieten her down.
19. It took a long time for the baby to quieten down.
20. The chatter of voices gradually quietened.
21. She gazed at the ceiling, feeling her heartbeat and breathing slowing to normal, her body quietening.
22. I remember being very excited by his round but he took it all calmly, quietening me down.
22. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
23. Through our life Who has never dreamed of burning And quietening down In the silence of ashes?
24. For years hehasmanaged to extort cash, oil and other goodiesforthen quietening down, only to behave evenmorethreateningly next time.
25. As the sun neared its setting and the fading light became a soft purpling where horizon met sky, we settled down, with no need of words, listening to the quietening sounds of day.
More similar words: quieten, quieter, disquieted, sweetening, disquieting, quiet, unquiet, be quiet, quietus, quietly, quietude, quietism, disquiet, quiet down, quietness, on the quiet, keep quiet, quiet period, disquietude, quickening, whitening, fastening, softening, fattening, listening, chastening, moistening, shortening, lightening, heartening.