Sentencedict.com random good picture
8. There are one hundred pence in a pound.
9. The villagers used to pound the grain into flour by hand.
10. The pound was devalued against the US dollar.
11. After running fast you can feel your heart pound.
12. An ounce is one sixteenth of a pound.
13. Anna hit on a path to the pound.
14. The pound has hit a new low against the dollar.
15. There are sixteen ounces in one pound.
16. Penny wise and pound foolish.
17. These cost ten pence a pound.
18. Her heart had begun to pound inside her chest like a captive animal.
19. There are 16 ounces in one pound.
20. Apples are sold by the pound.
21. This kind of chocolate is retailed at one pound a kilo.
22. He weighed out half pound of coffee beans to them.
23. I contributed a pound towards Jane's leaving present.
24. My employer deducted a pound from my wages this week.
25. The pound took a nosedive on the foreign exchange market today.
26. The farmers pound rice in a mortar.
27. He that regards not a penny[sentencedict.com/pound.html],(Sentencedict.com) will lavish a pound.
28. For this peccadillo he was demoted and sent back to pound the beat.
29. Any more raffle tickets? Twenty-five pence each or five for a pound.
30. As from Sunday, May 1 st, all fares on the corporation's transport services will be increased by ten pence in the pound.
More similar words: expound, compound, compound interest, round and round, round, hound, found, sound, wound, bound, ground, around, bounded, founded, founder, round up, wounded, round off, sound off, all round, all around, come round, profound, flounder, abound in, get around, go around, surround, boundary, eastbound.