Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. The Pharisees held the meal one day before the official date.
2. This was the main reason the Pharisees hated the tax-collectors: they were in the pay of the Romans.
3. We have records of frequent clashes with the Pharisees over the sabbath and other traditional observances.
4. Because the Pharisees were the predominant sect, few, Sadducee writings have survived.
5. We tend to think that the Pharisees were unscrupulous, double-dealing, untrustworthy.
6. The Pharisees were trying to catch him out.
7. But the Pharisee, noticing that Jesus did not first wash before the meal, was surprised.
8. The name Pharisee means a'separate one " and Sadducee means " righteous ".
9. But the pharisee, noticing that Jesus did not first wash before the meal, was surprised.
10. Thou blind Pharisee, first make clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside may become clean.
11. And when the Pharisee saw it, he marvelled that he had not first washed before dinner.
12. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
13. Jesus saw in both Pharisee and the sinful woman the potential to become disciples.
14. The thought roused all the gorge of this Pharisee.
15. Lk. 11:38 But Pharisee , seeing it, marveled that He had not first washed before the meal.
16. The seventy members of the Sanhedrin were drawn mainly from two opposing parties, the Sadducees and the Pharisees.
17. The practice of fasting had grown up amongst the Pharisees as a sign of their superiority.
18. At that time there was a dispute between the Pharisees and Sadducees as to when the festival should begin.
19. It is for others to offer moral guidance to the newly prosperous Pharisees.
20. Some people think of Christians as being like the Pharisees.
21. Yet, Jesus told the story of two men praying; one self-righteous and one humbled by his failures: "I tell you, this sinner, not the Pharisee, returned home justified before God.
21. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. With this as background, we can understand some details of the parable of the Pharisee and the Publican.
23. Sadly there is often some of the feelings of Simon the Pharisee in all of us.
24. Have you noticed in the synoptic Gospels the characters sometimes are just a tax collector,a sinner, a Pharisee,a Syrophoenician woman,a Centurion who had a slave?
25. Two men went up to the temple to pray, a Pharisee and the a tax collector.
26. Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
More similar words: arise, arisen, charisma, polarise, summarise, popularise, regularise, plagiarise, charismatic, familiarise, to arise from, pharaoh, pharmacy, emphasise, oropharynx, pharmacist, rise, risen, prise, paris, naris, overemphasise, irised, rise up, crises, pharmacologist, pharmaceutical, garish, parish, comprise.