Random good picture Not show
1. Karzai is planning a three-day peace jirga (grand assembly or council) that begins May 20.
2. It is a consultative jirga with tribal and government leaders that had been scheduled before the Washington meetings, but was delayed until after this visit, Holbrooke said.
3. We congratulate on the success of the Peace Jirga and believe that Afghanistan will achieve peace, stability and development under the joint efforts of the Afghan Government and people.
4. Loya Jirga is a traditional Afghan way of procedure.
5. Afghan , Pakistani Representatives Hold Jirga on Taliban Conflict.
6. 15In mid-2002 Afghan delegates attended a loya jirga and selected Hamid Karzai as the country's leader.
6. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
7. Q: Recently, the Peace Jirga was held in Afghanistan. To what extent does China believe that a peace conference amidst gunfire can push forward the peace process in Afghanistan?
8. Since the last Pakistan-Afghanistan jirga held in Kabul more than a year ago, relations between the two countries have worsened and the Taliban insurgency has strengthened.
9. This loya jirga is intended to legitimise the power sharing arrangement set up in Bonn and begin to iron out at least some of the inequalities in representation.
10. Tang said the formation of the Loya Jirga (Great National Assembly), which is expected to be inaugurated by Zahir Shah, is an important event in Afghanistan's peace process.
11. It is more often bestowed by a jirga on merit.
12. According to the Creating Hope Web site, AIL has seen trainees transfer skills learned in the workshops to positions as representatives in a loya jirga, an Afghan grand assembly.
13. Karzai briefed Jiang on the political situation in Afghanistan, especially the arrangement of the Loya Jirga to be convened five days later. He believes that Afghanistan has a bright future.
14. Jiang believes the Afghan undertakings in various fields will make further progress after the Loya Jirga.
15. A dead Taliban fighter lies on the ground following clashes with Afghan security forces near the "National Consultive Peace Jirga" tent in Kabul on June 2, 2010.
16. A representative of the Taliban told news agencies that they carried out the attacks on the jirga.
17. Mr Karzai is aiming to use the three-day "peace jirga" to enlist support for his plan to offer economic incentives to reformed Taliban militants.
18. Afghanistan's president, Hamid Karzai, said he would convene a "grand peace jirga (council of elders)", and urged Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah "to guide and assist the peace process".
19. Some diplomats have also detected a coolness in Mr Obama towards a planned "consultative peace jirga", essentially a large meeting, to be held in May, of national representatives.
20. On the eve of the conference, the Taliban issued a statement saying that the jirga did not represent the Afghan people and was aimed at securing the interest of foreigners.
21. Despite ups and downs in the Afghan peace process, the interim authority would do its best to ensure a fair environment for the success of the Loya Jirga.
22. This past spring, Mostafezi coordinated women's participation in Afghanistan's national assembly, or jirga, held in Kabul to discuss a national plan for reconciliation.
23. The Taliban in Afghanistan say they've obtained the government's security plan for the upcoming grand assembly of leaders, or loya jirga, in Kabul this week.
More similar words: virga, air gap, fair game, virgo, dirge, virgil, air gun, airgun, virgin, airglow, hair gel, virginal, virginia, virginity, virginian, fairground, virgin mary, virgin forest, west virginia, virgin islands, virginia creeper, organ, organdy, forgave, morgan, organon, organs, orgasm, or gate, bargain.