1. The devil
is good when he is pleased.
2. God sends meat and the devil
3. The devil
finds work for idle hands to do.
4. He must needs go whom the devil
5. Parsley seed goes nine times to the Devil
6. The devil
can cite the Scriptures for his purpose.
7. The devil
lurks behind the cross.
8. Tell the truth and shame the Devil
9. Money can buy the devil
9. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
10. An idle person is the devil
11. The devil
knows may things because he is old.
12. Speak [Talk] of the devil
and he will appear.
13. An idle brain is the devil
14. When flatterers meet, the devil
goes to dinner.
15. Do not hold a candle to the devil
16. Open not your door when the devil
17. The devil
looks after his own.
18. Needs must when the devil
19. While the priest climbs a post, the devil
20. If the devil
finds a man idle, he’ll set him to work.
21. The devil
is not so black as he is painted.
22. Talk of the Devil
, and he is bound to appear.
23. It is easier to raise the devil
than to lay him.
24. He who sups with the Devil
should have a long spoon.
25. I am cought between the devil
and the deep blue sea.
26. Every man for himself, and the Devil
take the hindmost.
27. Better the Devil
you know than the Devil you don't.
28. He that serves God for money will serve the devil
for better wages.
29. Think of the devil
and he's looking over your shoulders.
30. He should have a long spoon that sups with the devil