Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. They have withstood heavy bombardment for many months.
2. She withstood several challenges to her leadership.
3. His alibi would not have withstood cross - examination .
4. They had withstood siege, hunger and deprivation.
5. The Chancellor has withstood the criticism and held firm.
6. Our troops withstood the onset of the enemy.
7. Under the Maccabeans they withstood the attempts of Antiochus to overcome their country and shatter their religion.
8. But Jason withstood the fearful creatures as a great rock in the sea withstands the waves.
9. For a number of years she patiently withstood the abuse of her employers and fellow workers(sentencedict.com), who ridiculed her religious habits.
10. He flinched but withstood the glare and held Lee's steady gaze.
11. The game was real physical, but we withstood everything they brought at us.
12. Owens has withstood many attacks on his leadership.
13. Allopurinol has withstood substantial trials, and remains a standard drug for the treatment of gout.
14. He withstood the intrusion upon the Honiton corporation by the high churchman Sir Thomas Putt.
15. Pendennis Castle, which withstood a Roundhead siege during the Civil War for five months, is only 3 miles away.
16. The airline had withstood the predatory pricing moves of its competitors, and overcome its early loss.
17. We have withstood internship accompany setbacks, but also withstood the joy!
18. And yet he withstood the urge of self-annihilation never again contemplating suicide.
19. Those who have triumphantly withstood such strains may brand his name.
20. Bilateral friendship had withstood severe challenges and enjoyed a firm basis.
21. Like an iron bastion, the dam withstood the rushing floodwaters.
22. Truth and love are two of the most powerful things in the world; and when they both go together they cannot easily be withstood.
23. In many ways, it is satisfying, a season of challenges met and withstood, of character questioned and proven.
24. Comfort is good, oily hands don't slip easily and handles withstood a belting after a spell in the freezer.
25. Benedict was near thirty, and yet his face and form had withstood the ravages of time and circumstance.
26. Little more persuasive is the argument that under another tsar the regime could have withstood revolutionary pressure indefinitely.
27. The first attribute goes a long way in explaining how so much of Santiago withstood a temblor that was hundreds of times stronger than the one that flattened Haiti's capital in January.
28. In its more than 40 years of existence, the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge has been battered by high-speed winds and even withstood a barge crashing into it.
29. The Italian was a dismayed spectator as the relegation threatened home side built a two-goal lead and then withstood his side's late charge.
30. Also he was a vengeful man, threatening to physically punish anyone who withstood him ( v 23 ).
More similar words: withstand, notwithstanding, touchstone, with, wither, withers, do with, withered, without, withal, go with, within, hold with, with ease, withhold, withering, down with, cope with, go without, talk with, withdraw, bear with, do without, deal with, live with, with young, part with, play with, get on with, meet with.