a man is wrapped up in himself he makes a pretty little package22.
the sun comes in, the doctor goes out.
love puts in, friendship is gone.
wine is in truth is out.
in Rome, do as the Romans do.
6. A wise man is never less alone than when
(he is) alone.
7. The devil is good when
he is pleased.
8. A sow, when
washed; returns to the muck.
rogues (or thieves) fall out, honest men come by their own.
the fox preaches, take care of your geese.
the weasel and the cat make a marriage, it is a very ill presage.
12. If you don't learn to think when
you are young [sentencedict.com], you may never learn .
13. Maids want nothing but husbands, but when
they have them they want everything.
14. Take time to deliberate; but when
the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.
society requires to be rebuilt, there is no use attempting to rebuild it on the old plan.
16. If you lie upon roses when
young, you'll lie upon thorns when old.
the horse is stolen, (you) lock the stable door.
I lent I had a friend; when I asked he was unkind.
18. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
three know it, all know it.
20. Hoist your sail when
the wind is fair.
21. Take time when
time cometh, lest time steal away.
22. Govern your thoughts when
alone, and your tongue when in company.
23. Home is the place where,when
you have to go there, it has to take you in.
24. Frugality when
all is spent comes too late.
you are at Rome, do as Rome does.
a man is going down-hill, everyone will give him a push.
two friends have a common purse, one sings and the other weeps.
28. It is too late to lock the stable door when
the steed is stolen.
29. Of all the possessions of this life fame is the noblest; when
the body has sunk into the dust the great name still lives.
30. Knowledge is a comfortable and necessary retreat and shelter for us in an advanced age; and if we do not plant it when
young, it will give us no shade when we grow old.