Random good picture Not show
1. The command of all forces at Verdun was to be taken over at midnight.
2. But Falkenhayn's assault on Verdun disrupted the Allied plans.
3. Already by early March, Verdun had become a ghost town.Sentencedict.com
4. This was an activity not much favoured at Verdun, as it invariably attracted a tornado of enemy fire.
5. The men from Verdun viewed this dazzling scene with mixed feelings.
6. Verdun had a long history: it was an important city in Roman times.
7. In all he fought 257 combats at Verdun, most of them against heavy odds, and shot down eleven planes.
8. He departed post-haste for Verdun.
9. The projectile was imperfectly aimed but exploded in Verdun, smashing down part of the Archbishop's palace.
10. Many soldiers fell at Verdun ; Several deer have fallen to the same gun.
11. Verdun has for decades been celebrated as the quintessentially French battle of the First World War.
12. On the game : 1916, a campaign in Verdun , France, Your mission is to defeat the enemy fighters land safely in the control of coalition forces.
13. In the moment of history, at Verdun and for Verdun , he said, France knew how to unite.
14. At Verdun , his outfit had run out of gas.
15. At the Battle of Verdun, French forces stopped a German attack.
16. And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
17. Who fought at the Battle of Verdun in 1916?
18. In February 1916 the French Army made a stand at Verdun.
19. The young elephants threatened to flounder to a halt, and with them the flow of life-blood to Verdun.
20. It was the nearest thing to a coherent defence system yet seen at Verdun.
21. 1916- the French defeated the Germans in the World War I Battle of Verdun.
22. German crown prince. The son of Emperor William II, he commanded troops in the Battle of Verdun (9') and renounced the crown at the close of World War I.
23. Democrats and Republicans are dug in like soldiers at Verdun over what to do about the sputtering U.S. economy.
24. After a period of civil war, Charlemagne's three grandsons agreed a division of the Empire in the Treaty of Verdun in 843.
25. One of the biggest commemorations of the conflict which redrew the map of Europe will take place in at Verdun in northeastern France .
26. But after three consecutive nights of camping out I'd had enough, especially since the last had been spent near Verdun in Le Foret du Mort Homme, which translates as Dead Man's Forest.
27. German crown prince. The son of Emperor William II, he commanded troops in the Battle of Verdun (1916) and renounced the crown at the close of World War I.
28. On Dec. 15, 1916, the French defeated the Germans in the World War I Battle of Verdun.
29. France has been remembering the three-hundred-thousand men who gave their lives during the Battle of Verdun , ninety-years ago during the First World War.
30. They had lost 600,000 of the flower of French youth in the defense of Verdun on the Somme.
More similar words: battle of verdun, overdue, verdure, verdurous, overdue bill, stanford university, perdue, perdurable, feather duster, john foster dulles, consumer durables, verdi, closed universe, overdid, overdo, verdant, verdict, overdone, sverdrup, overdose, overdrew, overdraw, overdraft, overdrive, verdigris, overdress, overdrawn, overdrink, hoover dam, clever dick.