Sentencedict.com random good picture
4. He tried in vain to bring his temper under control.
5. She's very vain about her good looks.
6. Men can be just as vain as women.
7. We tried in vain to make him change his mind.
7. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. A seemingly endless line of trucks waits in vain to load up.
9. We searched in vain for the missing child.
10. He was self-important, vain and ignorant.
11. Parents campaigned in vain for her reinstatement.
12. I think he is shallow, vain and untrustworthy.
13. She closed her eyes tightly in a vain attempt to hold back the tears.
14. She is one of those vain people who never take others' advice.
15. I knocked loudly in the vain hope that someone might answer.
16. I tried in vain to start a conversation.
17. She's just a vain, foolish woman.
18. They sought in vain for somewhere to shelter.
19. She is perceived as vain, spoilt and promiscuous.
20. They endeavoured to make her happy but in vain.
21. Their lives have not been laid down in vain.
22. Doctors battled in vain to save his life.
23. They waited in vain for a response.
25. The doctors gave him more powerful drugs in the vain hope that he might recover.
26. The drafting committee worked through the night in a vain attempt to finish on schedule.
27. All efforts to reconcile her with her husband were in vain.
28. All the police's efforts to find him were in vain.
29. Her modesty is all put on; at heart she is very vain.
30. He wants the world to know his son did not die in vain.