1. Store managers are predicting record takings this Christmas.
2. The shop's new look has boosted its takings considerably.
3. She was losing about ￡100 a week in takings.
4. Box office takings are up by 40 % on last year.
5. The pub said that their takings were fifteen to twenty thousand pounds a week.
6. He counted the night's takings.
7. Our takings were down this week because the weather was so bad.
8. Cinema box-office takings in 2001 were ￡600m.
9. The takings haven't been totalled yet.
10. A cashier ran away with the day's takings.
11. After we've closed , we count the day's takings.
12. The box office takings are up on last week.
13. Takings of ￡170 on the opening night were donated to the funds of the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary.
14. Takings rose 45 percent when the secret aroma was tested on Las Vegas fruit machines.
15. His total takings for the day amounted to one penny for a shave.
16. The forecast upsurge in takings did not happen.
17. But the real reason the bar takings.
18. The takings from calls were less than ￡25,000.
19. You were after the takings, weren't you?
20. The raiders escaped with the takings from two tills.
21. A percentage of the takings is usually allocated to advertising: this is the advertising budget.
22. Checking the takings late at night is no substitute for a proper budgetary control system.
23. The cashier has done a bunk with the day's takings.
24. They front the firm and hand over half the takings to the police,[sentencedict.com] otherwise they get visits from gun-toting goons.
25. It cost $ 200 million to make, and netted global takings of $ 1.8 billion even before the video was released.
26. The 21-year-old had seized 58-year-old taxi driver Derek round the throat and grabbed his ￡68 takings.
27. Dry manager Leroy Richardson was frogmarched to a safe containing the weekend's takings.
28. Several albums were also received, with two above average, all making significant contributions to the takings.
29. An average figure for retail outlets is 2.5% of annual takings.
30. He looked exhausted and his hands were black with silver oxide from helping his brothers count the takings.
More similar words: taking, overtaking, painstaking, undertaking, breathtaking, painstakingly, making, baking, waking, breaking and entering, shaking, leaking, soaking, speaking, squeaking, sneaking, breaking, creaking, breaking away, dressmaking, policy making, backbreaking, policy-making, heartbreaking, decision-making, decision making, groundbreaking, frankly speaking, generally speaking, in a manner of speaking.