1. Don't speak
all you know, but know all you speak.
without thinking is shooting without aiming.
well of your friend, of your enemy say nothing.
4. Let every man speak
well of the bridge theat carries him over.
of angels and you will hear their wings.
6. Hear twice before you speak
7. Children and fools speak
8. See no evil, hear no evil[sentencedict.com], speak
9. Never speak
ill of the dead.
10. When guns speak
it is too late to argue.
little of your ill luck and boast not of your good luck.
12. There is a time to speak
and a time to be silent.
13. Ale will make a cat speak
clearly if you speak at all, Carve every word before you let it fall.
15. Think much, speak
little, and write less.
16. When angry, count ten before you speak
; if very angry, count a hundred.
17. When all men speak
no man hears.
18. One may think that dares not speak
[Talk] of the devil and he will appear.
20. As a man’s heart is, so does he speak
21. Whe angry, count ten before you speak
; if very angry, a hundred.
22. Light troubles speak
; great troubles keep silent.
softly and carry a big stick.
24. All are not friends that speak
25. When the heart is full, the tongue will speak
26. Light troubles speak
; great troubles are silent.
27. False tongue will hardly speak
28. Think all you speak
, but speak not all you think.
29. A man has two ears and one mouth that he may hear much and speak
30. Nature has given us two ears, two eyes, and but one tongue, to the end that we should hear and see more than we speak