Random good picture Not show
1. Her dress was too showy for such a formal occasion.
2. Since he was color blind, he favored large, showy flowers.
3. Pekin dinner service, silver cutlery, crystal glasses, showy white napkins, all in order.
4. Winningham delivers Oscar-caliber work, too, in the less showy but equally complex and demanding title role.
5. She didn't like thunder; it was over-dramatic and showy, like tropical plants.
6. The males stay behind, for their showy manes would only disturb the hunt whose technique is stealth.
7. But why should the choice involve a showy crown or a pair of luminous buttocks?
8. He is gorgeous, not strong, but showy.
9. Though hardly a showy plant, its needle-thin blades look almost silver, especially when covered by a film of dew.
10. The species is distinguished by its showy white flowers.
11. She wore a lot of cheap, showy jewelry.
12. Some bowerbirds are bright and showy, but others are drab and excite their females with elaborate shelters instead.
13. It is a great shame that such a showy and obliging plant does not seem to be sold by any nursery today.
14. Showy hibiscus hybrids and elegant topiary bore my green-fingered crew.
15. The bottom half is a counterpoint to the showy fecundity of the top.
16. Then they returned to their showy vehicles and went racing away with squealing tyres.
17. Delphinium having palmately divided leaves and showy spikes of variously colored spurred flowers; some contain extremely poisonous substances.
18. South African plant widely cultivated for its showy pure white spathe and yellow spadix.
19. North American perennial with apparently whorled leaves and showy white purple - tinged flowers.
20. But the winter container's secret weapon, planted in layers under showy pansies or polyanthus, is the spring-flowering bulb.
21. I see her again, very straight, dressed in light colors, not at all showy.
22. What were they all doing there, paying a small fortune for their showy booths to catch the politicians' eyes?
23. In fact, he reportedly blew it out with a stunning, if showy, throw-out at third.
24. In these pieces the three higher parts are clearly distinguished from the two lower and given showy coloratura.
25. Any of various ornamental, mostly climbing plants of the genus Clematis, native chiefly to northern temperate regions and having showy,[sentencedict.com] variously colored flowers or decorative fruit clusters.
26. Any of various chiefly tropical shrubs or trees of the genus Hibiscus, having large, showy, variously colored flowers with numerous stamens united into a tube surrounding the style.
27. The central meaning shared by these adjectives is . tastelessly showy.
28. Any of various plants of the genus Zinnia, native to tropical America, especially Z. elegans, widely cultivated for its showy, rayed, variously colored flower heads.
29. A stout aromatic Mediterranean herb(Salvia sclarea) in the mint family, having showy violet, pink, or white flower clusters and yielding an essential oil used as a flavoring and in perfumery.
30. He had spent much of his life studying ancient Roman architecture and had entered his share of design competitions only to come in second to his more showy, but less qualified, peers.