Random good picture Not show
1. Six hundred federal troops from Fort Sam Houston were assigned to aid in keeping order.
2. Sam Houston ordered all Texas forces to withdraw northeast -- away from the Mexican army.
3. Founded in 1836 and named for Sam Houston, it is a major industrial, commercial, and financial hub, the center of the U.
4. So says Teow-Chong Sim of Sam Houston State University in the United States, who found in a study that emotional words got through to people better when spoken through the left ear, not the right.
5. Sam Houston, the commander of Texas's armies, ordered San Antonio abandoned, but troops under James Bowie and William B. Travis chose to remain.
6. Santa Ana then moved against Sam Houston.
7. Today, we continue the story of Sam Houston, a Texas hero.
8. President Andrew Jackson and Sam Houston were close friends. When told of Houston's retreat, the president pointed to a map of Texas.
9. Sam Houston was chosen commander-in-chief of the Texas Army.
10. The big man was Sam Houston, the president of Texas. He had heard that his friend was dying.
11. Today, we tell the story of Sam Houston.
12. David Burnet was named president. And Sam Houston was to continue as commander of Texas forces.
13. Only two Texans were killed. Twenty-three, including Sam Houston, were wounded.
13. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress every day!
14. October 22nd, 1836, Sam Houston is inaugurated as the first President of the Republic of Texas.
15. PHOEBE ZIMMERMAN: And I'm Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we tell the story of Sam Houston.
16. The second side of Charlie Wilson was the man who represented the piny woods and the oilfields of east Texas, with small dry towns wedged among forests named after Sam Houston and Davy Crockett.
17. He also taught at the first cheerleading camp at Sam Houston College.
18. It passed in the Senate only because two men from slave states voted for it. They were Senator Thomas Benton of Missouri and Senator Sam Houston of Texas.
19. Representatives at the convention wanted to leave immediately to go to the aid of the Texans in San Antonio. But Sam Houston told them it was their duty to remain and create a government for Texas.
20. NICOLE NICHOLS: And I'm Nicole Nichols with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we continue the story of Sam Houston, a Texas hero.
21. On the afternoon of March third, eighteen thirty-seven, Jackson agreed to recognize the new republic led by his old friend, Sam Houston. He sent to Congress his nomination for minister to Texas.
More similar words: custom house, farmhouse, william howard taft, storehouse, precious stone, just the same, stone, histone, gusto, piston, rest on, boston, stonewall, custom, sandstone, gallstone, stonework, keystone, custody, customs, astonish, subsist on, flagstone, limestone, moonstone, whetstone, millstone, insist on, gladstone, hailstone.