Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. These arguments may have been used as a rhetorical device to argue for a perpetuation of a United Nations role.
2. A rhetorical device with which to disarm his critics?
3. Hyperbole is a very common rhetorical device which is widely used both in English and Chinese.
4. However, there is no corresponding rhetorical device in Chinese. Therefore, translation loss is inevitable.
5. Whatever rhetorical device you choose, use it to reinforce your message, not to be cute or to show off.
6. Metaphor, as an important rhetorical device, is frequently adopted in advertising and turns out to be a distinctive feature of advertising language.
7. Zeugma, as a rhetorical device, is widely employed for its specific pragmatic functions such as merging situations of context, creating humorous or satirizing effects.
8. The pun is a common rhetorical device in both Chinese and English.
9. Metaphor is traditionally as a particular rhetorical device.
10. Euphemism is an important rhetorical device of English.
11. A rhetorical device used to dupe buyers into purchasing securities backed by shacks dressed as houses, and to secure the highest possible spot in telephone directories.
12. Metaphor is not only a rhetorical device but also a cognitive means.
13. An unusual rhetorical device, hendiadys, appears in several places in the play.
14. Irony, once chiefly used as a rhetorical device in modem society, has generally become a genuine lot of all the people in their life.
15. In Miguel Street, irony goes far beyond a rhetorical device. Instead, it's the narrative strategy of the whole novel.
16. However[sentencedict.com], he does not justify this suggestion by giving the criteria for classifying a mode of expression as a rhetorical device.
17. With regard to the study of euphemism, it is limited to the range in related to taboo in English, while in Chinese euphemism is treated as a kind of rhetorical device.
18. English uses word order a worthy substitute for affixes instead of a rhetorical device in Latin.
19. Scientific wagers date back to Greece in the 5th or 6th century BC and were often a rhetorical device for thinking about a subject.
20. Metaphor in traditional theories is taken only as a rhetorical device, or a figure of speech, which is only a matter of language.
21. This is demonstrated in literary criticism practice of ancient China: subject of literary criticism applies "poetic thinking" to speech, with image as a rhetorical device.
22. Having often been used in peoples ordinary life as a rhetorical device, synesthesia acquires attention from many scholars, including Joseph Williams.
23. If it causes a positive feedback, it will be an unsuccessful rhetorical device no matter how vivid and concrete it is.
23. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
24. Cognitive linguistics assumes that metaphor serves not only as a rhetorical device in literary works but also as a mode of cognition which plays an important role in people's thinking and speaking.
25. This thesis mainly analyzes the rhetorical characteristics of proverbs in Shanxi dialects from the perspective of rhyming, rhetorical device and the comprehensive use of figures of speech.
More similar words: rhetorically, rhetorical question, rhetoric, historical, historically, device, device characteristic, metaphorically, historic, pathetically, hypothetical, aesthetically, hypothetically, empirical, hysterical, electrical, alder, national debt, evict, deviate, devise, eviction, scalding, novice, advice, service, viceroy, services, vice versa, victory.