1. He was eating a mess of pottage and taking deep gulps of wine from a large ornamental cup.
2. A choice of pottage ( thick soup ) or consomm é ( clear soup ).
3. A nice mess of pottage was served at the beginning.
4. The child was eating pottage from a porringer.
5. Prettiness makes no pottage.
7. I expect he found he'd sold his working-class birthright for a mess of Bloomsbury pottage.
8. The Russians have long regretted selling Alaska to the Americans for a mess of pottage.
9. B : Do you think I'll depart from my correct stand just for a mess of pottage?
10. Voters have thrice said no to this mess of pottage.
11. Cynics will say that they have sold their liberties for a mess of pottage.
12. Man sacrifices his individuality, his " birthright ,(sentencedict.com) " for a pottage of lentils.
13. Esau sold his birthright to Jacob for a mess of pottage.
More similar words: cottage, frottage, cottage cheese, cottage industry, wattage, curettage, suction curettage, gotta, stage manager, cotta, ottawa, glottal, ricotta, potty, potted, spotty, potter, terra cotta, terra-cotta, terracotta, potting, spotter, spotted, pottery, potter about, spot trading, potter around, potter's wheel, outage, stage.