Sentencedict.com random good picture
1. Campaigners handed out leaflets on passive smoking.
2. He had a passive expression on his face.
3. In spite of my efforts, the boy remained passive.
4. He's very passive in the relationship.
5. When changed into the passive,[http://Sentencedict.com] 'The dog chased the cat' becomes 'The cat was chased by the dog'.
6. Kathy seems to take a very passive role in the relationship.
7. His passive attitude made things easier for me.
8. The normal word order is reversed in passive sentences.
9. The Mahatma instigated several campaigns of passive resistance against the British government in India.
10. We are passive recipients of information from the world around us.
11. Jeremy's passive attitude was hard to fathom.
12. Blind children tend to be more passive in this area of motor development than sighted children.
13. He has a passive disposition.
14. They tried to achieve their aims by passive resistance.
15. She wore a passive expression on her face as if she didn't care what happened.
16. You find a greater use of the passive in scientific writing.
17. Passive smoking can be deadly too.
18. He has a passive expression on his face.
19. Women are reduced to merely playing a passive role.
20. The study aims to assess the effects of passive smoking on the non-smoking population.
21. She acted in passive obedience to her boss's directions.
22. If we lag behind other nations in economy, we will be thrown into a passive position.
23. It's a sad truth that children are the biggest victims of passive smoking.
24. In the sentence 'He was seen there', 'was seen' is in the passive.
25. My father won't let me go out tonight. Let is not used in the passive.
26. This construction should not be confused with the regular passive.
27. I can't just walk in there cold and give a lesson on the passive!
28. The government has belatedly recognized the danger to health of passive smoking.
29. The phrase 'innocent women and children' is a way of infantilizing women, making them seem passive and helpless.
30. Men have always played an active part in leading worship while women have been confined to more passive roles.
More similar words: massive, passion, recessive, excessive, aggressive, regressive, impressive, progressive, pass, pass on, pass by, pass away, pass out, passage, passport, encompass, passenger, pass through, assign, assist, pervasive, derisive, effusive, offensive, classic, exclusive, expensive, persuasive, extensive, defensive.